does 3.3 support the intel 7501 chipset?

does 3.3 support the intel 7501 chipset?

Post by Tim » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:52:48

hi guys, i am thinking about getting an intel se7501br2 to upgrade our poor
old server, this MB is a dual xeon but i will only be running 1. Does 3.3
have support for this chipset and xeon cpu(2.4ghz 533sb).

Thanks
Tim

does 3.3 support the intel 7501 chipset?

Post by Rekrutacj » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:53:28

It works fine without any problems ( i7501 chipset and 2.4ghz xeon),
but it does not support multitreading.

regards
Michal Koc

Quote:> hi guys, i am thinking about getting an intel se7501br2 to upgrade our
poor
> old server, this MB is a dual xeon but i will only be running 1. Does 3.3
> have support for this chipset and xeon cpu(2.4ghz 533sb).

> Thanks
> Tim

1. Slackware 3.3 doesn't see; Adaptec AVA1502 & Matsushita 7501

Hi,

I've been trying to install Slackware 3.3 (summer '97, 4 disk set)
on my pc.  It has an Adaptec 1502, and a Matsushita CW-7501 CDR.

I've tried most (if not all) the combinations of boot/root disks.
No matter what I do I can't get a combination that works.  I've
been writing the diskettes on another machine, since the diskettes
must be written in DOS mode, and the target machine doesn't have
a dos driver (under DOS) that will allow me to write the diskettes
for the installation.

If someone out there can tell me where to go for new drivers, or
what to do to install from the CD-ROM.  You'll make my wife very
happy.

TIA,

(ps. please respond here, too much spam lately)

2. Help me to choose SlackWare vs. SLS

3. Panasonic CDR-7501 Supported?

4. ISDN Teles S0 PCI

5. MATSHITA CW-7501 Support for linux??

6. RPM and Kernel upgrades

7. Support for Panasonic CW-7501 CD-R?

8. eepro - two device records for one network card

9. GART driver support for generic AGP 3.0 device detection/ enabling & Intel 7205/7505 chipset support

10. GART driver support for generic AGP 3.0 device detect ion/ enabling & Intel 7505 chipset support

11. GART driver support for generic AGP 3.0 device detection/ enabling & Intel 7505 chipset support

12. CDRECORD and Panasonic CW-7501

13. CD-R CW-7501 command codes ?