How do I remap ny keyboard?

Post by thorin_at_h.. » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:00:11

Hi, I've installed OpenBSD 3.0 since a few days and I must say I like it
much but now I'm trying to get rid of some little post-install problems
and one of these is remapping my keyboard to italian. In the FAQ's
chapter 7 I read I'd have to

# scon -o

and them

# kcon -m it

but it seems not to find these commands..

# scon -o
sh: scon: not found
# kcon -m it
sh: kcon: not found

any hint would be appreciated, TIA.

--

<<      LINUX: the choice of a GNU generation     >>
<<   For my real address... ask the Balrog.       >>

How do I remap ny keyboard?

Post by Jan-Uwe Finc » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:07:21

> Hi, I've installed OpenBSD 3.0 since a few days and I must say I like it
> much but now I'm trying to get rid of some little post-install problems
> and one of these is remapping my keyboard to italian. In the FAQ's
> chapter 7 I read I'd have to

> # scon -o

> and them

> # kcon -m it

> but it seems not to find these commands..

man wsconsctl
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq7.html

--
Greetings,
        Jan-Uwe

How do I remap ny keyboard?

Post by thorin_at_h.. » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:37:05

In un messaggio del Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:07:21 +0100 Jan-Uwe Finck scriveva:

Quote:>> Hi, I've installed OpenBSD 3.0 since a few days and I must say I like it
>> much but now I'm trying to get rid of some little post-install problems
>> and one of these is remapping my keyboard to italian. In the FAQ's
>> chapter 7 I read I'd have to
[..]
> man wsconsctl
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq7.html

THNX, wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=it worked fine but there wasn't
anything in Chapter 7 about it. I'm afraid some infos should be updated,
maybe.. THNX again, anyway !

--

<<      LINUX: the choice of a GNU generation     >>
<<   For my real address... ask the Balrog.       >>
* Sostenete la Lega per la Soppressione dei Troll *

How do I remap ny keyboard?

Post by Moritz Schmit » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 08:09:00

Quote:> THNX, wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=it worked fine but there
> wasn't anything in Chapter 7 about it. I'm afraid some infos
> should be updated, maybe.. THNX again, anyway !

This is a quote from the http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq7.html:

Quote:>> With wscons(4) consoles, most options can be controlled using the wsconsctl(8) utility. For example, to change keymappings with

wsconsctl(8) one would execute the following:

# wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=uk <<

So I think _this_ information is up to date.

Moritz

How do I remap ny keyboard?

Post by thorin_at_h.. » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:56:24

In un messaggio del Wed, 2 Jan 2002 00:09:00 +0100 Moritz Schmitt scriveva:

Quote:>> THNX, wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=it worked fine but there
>> wasn't anything in Chapter 7 about it. I'm afraid some infos
>> should be updated, maybe.. THNX again, anyway !
> This is a quote from the http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq7.html:
>>> With wscons(4) consoles, most options can be controlled using the wsconsctl(8) utility. For example, to change keymappings with
> wsconsctl(8) one would execute the following:
> # wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=uk <<
> So I think _this_ information is up to date.

Sorry, I should have been more clear: I used the PDF version and there
(as in the ASCII only version) you find no mention of this so is these
one which should be updated.

--

<<      LINUX: the choice of a GNU generation     >>
<<   For my real address... ask the Balrog.       >>
* Sostenete la Lega per la Soppressione dei Troll *

1. NY-NJ-CT-Westchester-L.I.,NY - UNIX Systems Administrators

------URGENT!!!-------IMMEDIATE HIRE!!!--------URGENT!!!--------

Position: Sr. Programmer Analysts & Programmer Analysts
Location: Many Locations: NY-NJ-CT-Westchester-L.I.,NY
Salary: $50,000 to $95,000
Bonus:  20%-50%!

Company:  NSI
Contact:  Joe Green, Recruiter
Address:  1325 East 17th Street  Suite 960
City,State, Zip:  Brooklyn, NY  11230

Phone: 718-252-2306
FAX: 718-677-6751

***Send in a resume today!*** Note: (Your Resume will be processed with
top confidentiality and will not be forwarded to any client without your
consent.)

IMPORTANT:  ***Please cut and paste to send your resume as part of the
email text. DO NOT send it as an  attached text file.

If you want to move up to a better job and benefits check out our job
listings: http://www.n-s-i.com/list.html

If this position is not exactly what you are looking for, browse through
our online database which lists some of our hottest positions.

If you don't see a position that you are sure matches your skills and
experience, e-mail your resume anyway.  We'll do our best to find the
PERFECT MATCH for you!  Send in a resume NOW. You have nothing to lose
and a great future to gain!!!

...Joe Green

Job seekers look to, and submit resumes to, "NSI's IT Job List Site" for
the best computer (IT) job opportunities and companies in the industry
to  work for.  NO FEE!  Immediate openings with excellent salaries and
fantastic bonuses nationwide!!!

2. UNIX on an XT ?

3. Keyboard remap for PC running X-Vision

4. Linux on ATMEL ARM!

5. keyboard remapping: help!

6. Sockets

7. Unrecognized chars with remapped keyboard

8. new 2.2.2 install and strange su error

9. Q: keyboard remapping Solaris 2.5/CDE

10. How do I remap my keyboard?

11. How to remap keyboard in kde

12. How do I remap the keyboard in Linux XWindows?

13. FWD: Re: ps2 mouse remapping keyboard