GRUB && OpenBSD 2.8

Post by Gerald Osman » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 17:18:45

Hello!
My private OpenBSD resides in (hd0,2). What menu.lst entry is appropriate? I
tried similar entries as for NetBSD as recommended by 'info grub', but I
failed.
TIA, Gerald Osmann

GRUB && OpenBSD 2.8

Post by walt » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 07:48:18

> Hello!
> My private OpenBSD resides in (hd0,2). What menu.lst entry is appropriate? I
> tried similar entries as for NetBSD as recommended by 'info grub', but I
> failed.

Try this from the grub command line during bootup:

grub> root (hd0,2)
grub> chainloader +1
grub> boot

Let us know what errors you see.  Even grub won't boot OpenBSD from >1024
cylinders--could that be your problem?

1. CVS & OpenBSD 2.8 Upgrade

After looking at the documentation on the website, I'm still a bit confused
about how CVS works.
I'm interested in using it to update my OBSD 2.7 box to OBSD 2.8 when it
comes out tomorrow.
Could anyone walk me through the procedure of setting up CVS and using it to
do the upgrade?
Any comments on how to use it to track patches to the stable releases in the
future would also be a plus.
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

2. SiS 6326AGP with X

3. Mac II & OpenBSD 2.8

4. rstat and xmeter on 4.1.x says 5.3 statd is down

5. OpenBSD 2.8 for G4 and Radeon & SCSI?

6. Need info on firewalls

8. pseries Visio stencils?

10. 没有人用中文吗?

11. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

12. ex0 hangs OpenBSD 2.8 as well as OpenBSD 2.7 (pretty long)

13. Hercules &&&&&& SVGA ?