Cant find errno.h while upgrading 3.1-stable (to 3.1-stable)

Cant find errno.h while upgrading 3.1-stable (to 3.1-stable)

Post by bertj » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 18:35:47

I cvs'ed a new stable source tree. I made a new kernel.

While making the new binutils I get an error. The upgrade minifaq
says:
-----------------
 # cd /usr/src/gnu/egcs/libiberty
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper cleandir
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper obj
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper
  # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper install
-----------------

But it quits during "make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend"
It quits with this error:
/usr/src/gnu/egcs/libiberty/rename.c:6: errno.h: No such file or
directory
*** Error code 1

I checked for this file:
myhostname# ls -l /usr/include/errno.h
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  bin  11 Jun 28 09:27 /usr/include/errno.h -> sys/errno.h
myhostname# ls -l /usr/include/sys
myhostname#

The /usr/include/sys directory is empty.

What should be in this directory, and how do I get it there? Or
am I doing something else wrong?

Bert

Cant find errno.h while upgrading 3.1-stable (to 3.1-stable)

Post by Martin Reind » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 19:50:58

Quote:> I cvs'ed a new stable source tree. I made a new kernel.

> While making the new binutils I get an error. The upgrade minifaq
> says:
> -----------------
>  # cd /usr/src/gnu/egcs/libiberty
>   # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper cleandir
>   # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper obj
>   # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend
>   # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper
>   # make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper install
> -----------------

> But it quits during "make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper depend"
> It quits with this error:
> /usr/src/gnu/egcs/libiberty/rename.c:6: errno.h: No such file or
> directory
> *** Error code 1

> I checked for this file:
> myhostname# ls -l /usr/include/errno.h
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  bin  11 Jun 28 09:27 /usr/include/errno.h ->
sys/errno.h
> myhostname# ls -l /usr/include/sys
> myhostname#

> The /usr/include/sys directory is empty.

> What should be in this directory, and how do I get it there? Or
> am I doing something else wrong?

/usr/include/sys/ contains system header files. You should do the whole
again from the beginning as you cannot be sure that /usr/include/sys/ is the
only missing. Do a fresh cvs checkout.

Post by Jan-Uwe Fin » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 21:22:34

Quote:

> I cvs'ed a new stable source tree. I made a new kernel.

> While making the new binutils I get an error. The upgrade minifaq
> says:

The stable source tree does not contain the new binutils.
stable does not need more then building a new kernel and doing a
'make build' to update.

1. FreeBSD 3.1 RELEASE to snapshot 3.1 STABLE question

Hi.

Is there any problem with upgrading to snapshot 3.1STABLE of mars25 for
example.

I would download the binary /bin dist. and go in single user mode and do
sh ./install.sh from a tmp directory.

After I would install the rest of the distribution.

Or should I go with the source, and still go to single user mode.

My system is setup ok, so I would like the install to not mess anything.

Thank You
Jean

2. NFS & Exports

3. 3.1 stable / 3.1 release

4. Where can i dl IP Masquerade (not patches or how to's) for Red Hat 7.1 kernel 2.4?

5. Upgrading to 3.1-stable

6. I messed up!

7. UPGRADE FROM FreeBSD ver.2.2.5 to FreeBSD-stable (3.1)

8. remote logging with syslog

9. 3.1-STABLE make buildworld fails durring gnu/usr.bin/bc

10. migrating to OpenBSD 3.1-STABLE

11. can't compile current 3.1-stable

12. FBSD 3.1 Stable and Netscape Comm 4.5 Problem

13. 3.1-STABLE -- Reliable SCSI HA?