1. NFS for Dual Postfix Maildir Store
I have searched for a good answer to this to no avail. There seems to
be a lot of conflicting info. I posted in a couple Postfix groups and
got zero response, so I'm posting here hoping for better feedback.
I have a RHEL 4.5 box running Postfix+Dovecot+MySQL. I have about
about 3200 accounts in 1200 virtual domains and maildir spools. There
is an average of 50-60 emails/minute received during peak periods, and
as a company we are growing at a rate of about 20%/year.
I would like to put an identical RHEL box running Postfix+Dovecot
+MySQL +SquirrelMail into operation, DNS round robin'd. I would like
to mount my spool directories on an NFS share to a third RHEL server
with a screaming fast RAID10 volume.
I have read posts regarding problems with NFS locking, but am not
certain whether it applies only to mailbox spools or both mailbox and
maildir. I have read of ways of possibly avoiding locking issues by
using fcntl() locks. I have read posts saying it's good, it's bad,
So....is this possible, good idea, bad idea? Is there a definitively
better way to do this with something other than NFS? Will I run into
any Dovecot issues?
Obviously I'm not doing anything that hasn't been done already, but
Google isn't giving me info I can feel confident of. I would
appreciate any comments. Thanks!
2. Passing shell variables to awk?
3. Configuring Postfix (on MDK 9) to use "Maildir" style mailboxes
4. Decoder for Tone-Dialing ?
5. postfix and Maildirs
6. Apache 1.2b7 + CGI = nothing.
7. Maildir/ in /var/spool/mail/$user? (postfix)
8. can't get DSL to work on with kernel 2.4.4 (Suse 7.2)
9. IMAP 4.5 w/Maildir -> Can't Efficiently Handle Big Maildirs (>4096)?
10. Postfix fills up /var/spool/postfix/maildrop?
11. Did I download the right stuff and did it download right???
12. migration mailbox->maildir
13. Maildir tools