postfix Maildir rights

Post by Bulba00 » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:29:27

What are the rights permission to 3 subdirectories in /home/user/Maildir
directory?

in my /var/log/maillog I read:

Jul  2 00:18:54 brama postfix/local[30123]: 04E164E5754: to=<

failed: create /home/zulus/Maildir/tmp/1057097934.P30123.brama.vip.com.pl:
Permission denied)

Bulba

postfix Maildir rights

Post by Winfried Neesse » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:22:02

> What are the rights permission to 3 subdirectories in /home/user/Maildir
> directory?

Looks strange, but 0001 with the correct user and group rights suffice
with postfix an maildir.

`----

| d--------x    3 130015   OHDIN        4096 Jun 22 23:22 myvdomain.de/
`----

If the maildir didn't exist below the subdirectory, postfix will create
it automatically with the right permissions.

Ciao
        Winfried

1. NFS for Dual Postfix Maildir Store

Hello,

I have searched for a good answer to this to no avail.  There seems to
be a lot of conflicting info.  I posted in a couple Postfix groups and
got zero response, so I'm posting here hoping for better feedback.

I have a RHEL 4.5 box running Postfix+Dovecot+MySQL.  I have about
about 3200 accounts in 1200 virtual domains and maildir spools.  There
is an average of 50-60 emails/minute received during peak periods, and
as a company we are growing at a rate of about 20%/year.

I would like to put an identical RHEL box running Postfix+Dovecot
+MySQL +SquirrelMail into operation, DNS round robin'd.  I would like
to mount my spool directories on an NFS share to a third RHEL server
with a screaming fast RAID10 volume.

I have read posts regarding problems with NFS locking, but am not
certain whether it applies only to mailbox spools or both mailbox and
maildir.  I have read of ways of possibly avoiding locking issues by
using fcntl() locks.  I have read posts saying it's good, it's bad,
etc.

So....is this possible, good idea, bad idea?  Is there a definitively
better way to do this with something other than NFS?  Will I run into
any Dovecot issues?

Obviously I'm not doing anything that hasn't been done already, but
Google isn't giving me info I can feel confident of.  I would
appreciate any comments.  Thanks!

Toni

2. Passing shell variables to awk?

3. Configuring Postfix (on MDK 9) to use "Maildir" style mailboxes

4. Decoder for Tone-Dialing ?

5. postfix and Maildirs

6. Apache 1.2b7 + CGI = nothing.

7. Maildir/ in /var/spool/mail/$user? (postfix)

8. can't get DSL to work on with kernel 2.4.4 (Suse 7.2)

9. IMAP 4.5 w/Maildir -> Can't Efficiently Handle Big Maildirs (>4096)?

10. Postfix fills up /var/spool/postfix/maildrop?

11. Did I download the right stuff and did it download right???

12. migration mailbox->maildir

13. Maildir tools