SIGALRM

Post by William Aher » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:28:52

i have an application w/ several threads, one of which is exclusively
dedicated to catching signals (everything is blocked in the other thread).

all of the worker threads execute in-step to a SIGALRM. this application
used to work fine prior to 3.3. this is the first time i've used tried in
3.3, and it appears that when the signal handler is executing and SIGALRM is
fired, the application dies (from a SIGALRM, according to zsh).

any ideas?

tia,

Bill

SIGALRM

Post by Marco S Hyma » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 07:37:25

> all of the worker threads execute in-step to a SIGALRM. this application
> used to work fine prior to 3.3. this is the first time i've used tried in
> 3.3, and it appears that when the signal handler is executing and SIGALRM is
> fired, the application dies (from a SIGALRM, according to zsh).

Some test code would help.   How are you setting up the SIGALRM
handler?   If using sigaction(2) what sa_mask and sa_flags are set?
I need more info to try to duplicate the problem.

// marc