OpenBSD 2.8 on Quadra 800 problem

Post by ch480.. » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:59:29

I was trying to install OpenBSD 2.8 on Apple Quadra 800
computer, a 68040 machine.

Formatting and partitioning SCSI disk went without any
problem. One Root&Usr partition and one swap partition
were created for installation.

Then I run NetBSD/68K installer to install base.tgz
set. First it went quite smoothly then died with the
following error message:

SCSIRead() Error #5
SCSIWrite() Error #5
pos=0 i=6 fs=/
alloccggroup blk not found in Cyl

What's wrong? I tried various SCSI HDs and different
formatting & partitioning utilities without any luck.
The same error message appeared at different place
of installation.

Anybody?

Thanks for any help.

Chester Lin

1. My Quadra 800 and Linux??

I just have a question with MKLinux?  Does MKLinux support the chip that is
in my Quadra 800, and if so which distributions support it.  I have RedHat
4.2 on my PC at home.  Can somebody mail me and let me know what kind of
success they have had with different distributions.  Thanks

--

2. [clemens@endorphin.org: Please confirm your message/Bitte bestaetige Deine Nachricht]

3. Linux on Mac Quadra 800

4. slip server

5. My Quadra 800 and Linux???

6. FS corrupt..etc...etc..

7. ex0 hangs OpenBSD 2.8 as well as OpenBSD 2.7 (pretty long)

8. Just Problems

9. OpenBSD 2.8 on Amiga A1200 install problems

10. Oident problem - OpenBSD 2.8

11. OpenBSD 2.8 kernel compile problems

12. boot problems-openbsd 2.8 mac68k

13. Problem installing openbsd 2.8