sendmail path

Post by William Ahe » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 02:58:53

i just rebuilt my system from the 2.9 patch branch. i followed
the instructins in /usr/src, but am a little paranoid. is there
any way to check whether my sendmail binary is clean of the exploit?
i just discovered that my openbsd-proto.mc file was updated, so
that was a good sign.

tia,

Bill

sendmail path

Post by Sebastian Sta » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:09:37

> i just rebuilt my system from the 2.9 patch branch. i followed
> the instructins in /usr/src, but am a little paranoid. is there
> any way to check whether my sendmail binary is clean of the exploit?
> i just discovered that my openbsd-proto.mc file was updated, so
> that was a good sign.

You could keep the old binary and compare its checksum with the new one.
You could also simply look at cvsweb, get the diff and see if it is applied.

--
A079 88E9 3617 838D ED65  A7D1 277D D529 DC80 5C44

sendmail path

Post by William Ahe » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:28:18

>> i just rebuilt my system from the 2.9 patch branch. i followed
>> the instructins in /usr/src, but am a little paranoid. is there
>> any way to check whether my sendmail binary is clean of the exploit?
>> i just discovered that my openbsd-proto.mc file was updated, so
>> that was a good sign.

>You could keep the old binary and compare its checksum with the new one.
>You could also simply look at cvsweb, get the diff and see if it is applied.

>--
>A079 88E9 3617 838D ED65  A7D1 277D D529 DC80 5C44

the diff was applied, i was just worried that i may have not cleaned
out the object files (i dunno whether that was necessary or not), and
that maybe that binary wasn't rebuilt w/ the patch. the timestamp was
different, but the size was the same as the old binary (i saved a ls
-l output).

1. add in the PATH a path if not present in the PATH

I look for a function in POSIX shell. this function must add path in the
$PATH if it isn't present.
by example:
I want add /bin in PATH
echo $PATH
--> /bin:/usr/bin
/bin is in the PATH then i don't add /bin
If I want add /usr/local/bin
/usr/local/bin isn't in the PATH then I add:
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin

  gaetan.schneller.vcf
< 1K Download

2. realplayer for AIX?

3. ksh: add path to $PATH only when ot yet in $PATH

4. ioctl( socketId, FIONREAD, &nBytes)

5. zsh's 'typeset -U path' wipes out path/PATH

6. What are the features of FreeBSD 4.6 ?

7. PATH=$(getconf PATH), but PATH for getconf?

8. Online Linux Support/User Group

9. set path = "$path" hoses path in tcsh -- why???

10. How to expand paths in $PATH like "~/bin" to full path?

11. path for sendmail

12. Sendmail Return-Path problem

13. HELP!!: Sendmail Cannot change Return-Path in Header