Bandwith Monitoring??

Post by Bren » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 02:44:45

I just installed Openbsd 2.8 and would like to monitor my bandwidth. Is
there a Howto for Openbsd? If not could someone post their snmpd.conf so
I can see a working example?

Thanks,
Brent

Bandwith Monitoring??

Post by jose » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:47:52

> I just installed Openbsd 2.8 and would like to monitor my bandwidth. Is
> there a Howto for Openbsd? If not could someone post their snmpd.conf so
> I can see a working example?

man ipmon. should be of use. simple pass all in and out firewall rules
with ipmon should be useful.

Bandwith Monitoring??

Post by Stefan Sundkvis » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 04:20:53

You can use MRTG to print some nice graphs for it.
youl find it at http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

and snmpd you only need to start the deamon, no need for a conf file to make
that work. just make sure that you block the network traffic to the snmpd
exept for the MRTG program.

Quote:> I just installed Openbsd 2.8 and would like to monitor my bandwidth. Is
> there a Howto for Openbsd? If not could someone post their snmpd.conf so
> I can see a working example?

> Thanks,
> Brent

1. bandwith monitoring

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a software that can help to monitor
    the bandwith used by a computer

    Does anybody have an idea ???

    I allready tested statnet and other tools but they
    don't solve my problem.

    I want to find a tool that can establish report
    for a specified protocol (ip,tcp/udp,http/smtp...)
    for a specified host
    in order to provide information to my users that
    can show them how the impact on our network.

    thanks

    Michael Tahot

2. program i/o question

3. bandwith monitor/logger

4. Have X but with "interference"

5. Bandwith monitor

6. Kernel compiling problem

7. Monitoring Layer7 Network Bandwith and Activity

8. Porting BSD to 386 CPU

9. Setting disk ratios and monitoring bandwith usage.

10. Bandwith Usage Monitoring

11. Linux box is hogging the entire bandwith

12. Limiting Bandwith

13. How to find out what bandwith your are using?