Windows VPN Client

Post by Davi » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:04:53

Could someone tell me where i could get a compatible VPN client to work with
OpenBSD Isakmpd? I just setup for a client of the company i work for a
openbsd firewall/vpn server, but they need access inside to the servers
remotely this is where vpn comes into play. So i need some windows clients
that will connect to a OpenBSD Vpn running ipsec. ANY help would be greatly
apperciated since i've searched the next for a while cant seem to find much.
Thanks so much,
David

Windows VPN Client

Post by William Aher » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:10:14

> Could someone tell me where i could get a compatible VPN client to work with
> OpenBSD Isakmpd? I just setup for a client of the company i work for a
> openbsd firewall/vpn server, but they need access inside to the servers
> remotely this is where vpn comes into play. So i need some windows clients
> that will connect to a OpenBSD Vpn running ipsec. ANY help would be greatly
> apperciated since i've searched the next for a while cant seem to find much.
> Thanks so much,
> David

The PGP software package from Network Associates includes
IPSec software. It's free for "non-commercial" use.

Win2k has some kind of IPSec support built-in.

I believe the OBSD IPSec documentation on the web makes mention of this
(PGP & Win2k). Actually, I know for sure it does in the section describing
interoperability.

Windows VPN Client

Post by Michael Glau » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:39:15

> > Could someone tell me where i could get a compatible VPN client to work with
> > OpenBSD Isakmpd? I just setup for a client of the company i work for a
> > openbsd firewall/vpn server, but they need access inside to the servers
> > remotely this is where vpn comes into play. So i need some windows clients
> > that will connect to a OpenBSD Vpn running ipsec. ANY help would be greatly
> > apperciated since i've searched the next for a while cant seem to find much.
> > Thanks so much,
> > David
> The PGP software package from Network Associates includes
> IPSec software. It's free for "non-commercial" use.

> Win2k has some kind of IPSec support built-in.

> I believe the OBSD IPSec documentation on the web makes mention of this
> (PGP & Win2k). Actually, I know for sure it does in the section describing
> interoperability.

   The other windoze version have VPN built-in as well.
   start/control panel/add remove programs/windoze setup/communications/vpn.
   That being said, I've not tried a windoze->OpenBSD VPN.

Windows VPN Client

Post by kos ka » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:06:31

> Could someone tell me where i could get a compatible VPN client to work with
> OpenBSD Isakmpd? I just setup for a client of the company i work for a
> openbsd firewall/vpn server, but they need access inside to the servers
> remotely this is where vpn comes into play. So i need some windows clients
> that will connect to a OpenBSD Vpn running ipsec. ANY help would be greatly
> apperciated since i've searched the next for a while cant seem to find much.
> Thanks so much,
> David

David,

The following links may help you.

VPN How to

http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn/vpn-howto.html

Specifically==> http://www.allard.nu/openbsd/

which contains specific documentation on setting up an OpenBSD Server
with 3 seperate clients to choose from.  Currently, I am using a
OpenBSD 2.9 with the clients using freeware pgp. Remember that OpenBSD
2.8 has problems with it's IPSec, so remember to upgrade your package
or choose to upgrade to 2.9.

Good Luck,

k0s kash

Windows VPN Client

Post by pe.. » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:29:59

> Could someone tell me where i could get a compatible VPN client to work with
> OpenBSD Isakmpd? I just setup for a client of the company i work for a
> openbsd firewall/vpn server, but they need access inside to the servers
> remotely this is where vpn comes into play. So i need some windows clients
> that will connect to a OpenBSD Vpn running ipsec. ANY help would be greatly
> apperciated since i've searched the next for a while cant seem to find much.
> Thanks so much,

PGPnet has been seen working ( with pre-shared secret as authentification)

www.allard.nu has a webpage describing "howto"

Quote:> David

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)

Windows VPN Client

Post by Sven Esbjer » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:27:06

> Could someone tell me where i could get a compatible VPN client to work with
> OpenBSD Isakmpd?

I find that SoftPK (used to be a Cisco product) works quite well.

Sven

--
 Fight Internet Censorship! http://www.eff.org

Windows VPN Client

Post by Michiel van der Kraat » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:34:03

> The PGP software package from Network Associates includes
> IPSec software. It's free for "non-commercial" use.

Hmmmm, but isn't it restricted to client->host connections and
impossible to use with client->network connections?

--
Michiel

Windows VPN Client

Post by Davi » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:35:43

Thanks so much for the help!!
David

Post by pe.. » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:10:21

>> The PGP software package from Network Associates includes
>> IPSec software. It's free for "non-commercial" use.

> Hmmmm, but isn't it restricted to client->host connections and
> impossible to use with client->network connections?

The "shareware" is, the commercial can use a security gateway.

Quote:> --