CVS server timeouts - what ports does cvs use?

CVS server timeouts - what ports does cvs use?

Post by Hans » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Openbsd 2.5 - generic
trying to use cvs, it timeouts every time.
I have tried many (over 7), i am wondering if I need to open something on my
firewall.
ftp works just fine...
So what ports does a CVS server use anyway?

thanks,

hans

1. current CVS tree vs released CVS tree

Hello,

I can't seem to find any documentation regarding the different directory
structures from the current (dev) CVS tree and the released structure.

In the releases, the source is in src/*

In the current (dev) CVS tree, the source is broken up into a few
directories:

    example:
        basesrc/*
        syssrc/*

Does anyone know why this is done this way?  Doesn't this confuse the
Makefiles?

 Thanks for any help.

 -Chris

2. SLIP users cannot access my web pages..

3. CVS - Not really FreeBSD, but I expect a few FreeBSD users are familiar with CVS !

4. Slip Server

5. cvs 1.3 BUG: cvs ci -r after a higher ci...

6. problem w/ no access to tty in emacs sub-shell

7. Distributed CVS -- Synchronizing Multiple CVS Repositories

8. How to let a program be the only one with write-permission i a directory

9. Samba- Problem: path too long/ cvs- Problem: cvs import stucks

10. Using cvs through ssh to a non-default port

11. Using a Mac as CVS server, Linux and Mac clients

12. CVS: Using both client/server method with rsh and -d option for checkout

13. cvs commit: ports/java Makefile ports/java/forte Makefile distinfo (fwd)