Altq and unsymmetric link

Post by Energeti » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:29:44

Hi,
How can I declare unsymmetrical bendwidth 128/512 on a port using altqd?
Does anybody know?
Thanx in advance.
Ametyst

Altq and unsymmetric link

Post by Marco S Hyma » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:37:52

> How can I declare unsymmetrical bendwidth 128/512 on a port using altqd?
> Does anybody know?

Altq only applies to *outgoing* packets, so the only bandwidth you
care about is the outgoing direction.  Note: outging packest
included ACK packets, for example, sent in responce to an incoming
connections.

Example snippets from a -current pf.conf...

  altq on $public_if cbq queue { qint qext pqext }
  queue qint bandwidth 90% priority 1 cbq(default borrow)
  queue qext bandwidth 110Kb priority 1 cbq(ecn)
  queue pqext bandwidth 110Kb priority 7
  # external connections
  pass out on $public_if all flags S/SA keep state queue (qext, pqext)
  pass in  on $public_if all flags S/SA keep state queue (qext, pqext)
  # internal connections
  pass out on $public_if from any to $public_ip flags S/SA keep state queue qint
  pass in  on $public_if from $public_ip to any flags S/SA keep state queue qint

// marc