INTEL PRO/100 VE

Post by Matthew Hunte » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:26:33

Hi,

I am trying to get OpenBSD to configure an INTEL PRO/100 VE motherboard LAN
interface and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

3.1 reported the device as an unrecognised network controller. Having just
updated to 3.2 (which among many other changes lists "recognise a few more
fxp(4) devices") the following line occurs in dmesg:

"Intel PRO/100 VE" rev 0x81 at pci1 dev 8 function 0 not configured

A pci sis0 interface is also fitted to the machine and working properly.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

1. Intel Pro 100 VE Ethernet Card

I added a Linux partition to a system that
had originally been Windows 2000 only.
On boot-up, Linux cannot properly recognize
the subject Ethernet card.  I looked at the
Windows configuration for the card, and it
said the following:
Intel Pro/100 VE; IRQ 20, Address 78C0-78FF;
Memory FCFFF000-FCFFFFFF.

I added the following line to the lilo.conf file
in an attempt to have Linux recognize the
card:
        append="ether=20,78C0,FCFFF000,FCFFFFFF,eth0"
Unfortunately, this did not work either.

2. Threads FAQ entry incomplete

3. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help - newbie question

4. Limits on File Size

5. Intel PRO 100 VE

6. How to disable/redirect console-window in X?

7. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help

8. Double mirrored www sites?

9. Solaris 8 and Intel PRO/100 VE

10. Intel Pro 100 VE driver install help - newbie question

11. Intel Pro 100+ 100% compatible with Pro 100B ?

12. PCI ID Patch for Intel Ether Express Pro 100 VE (82801BA)

13. problem with intel 100 pro ve