Setup a firewall server

Post by Keit » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I want to make a firewall server using real IP (I don't want to use private
IP). How can I make it ?

Pls Help ??

------

Setup a firewall server

Post by jws7.. » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I want to make a firewall server using real IP (I don't want to use private
>IP). How can I make it ?

Your gonna have to be more specific.

If I understand correctly all you need to do is set the external nic
card to you routable IP. If you have more IP's available you can use
those for the other interface/interfaces, if not you can run non
routeable ip's for internal systems.

Either way, as someone posted earlier, man ipf and man ipnat. If you
don't already have OpenBSD up and running, check out
http://www.openbsd.org you can find the man pages on the site.