wireless card

Post by Josh » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:27:31

I was after an 802.11b wireless card that is fully supportedand stable
when in use by the openbsd, and also if possible the linux kenel.

suggestions?

wireless card

Post by Wouter Coe » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:51:03

Quote:> I was after an 802.11b wireless card that is fully supportedand stable
> when in use by the openbsd, and also if possible the linux kenel.

> suggestions?

Anything with a PRISM-2 chipset works nicely.
See wi(4) for a full list.

Wouter
--

wireless card

Post by Josh » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:35:19

> > I was after an 802.11b wireless card that is fully supportedand stable
> > when in use by the openbsd, and also if possible the linux kenel.

> > suggestions?

> Anything with a PRISM-2 chipset works nicely.
> See wi(4) for a full list.

> Wouter
> --

I was planning on buying an orinco gold, which was apperenty made by
lucet but takes me to a proxim webpage. I can not find it in the
supported ist in that man page...does anyone know if it is supported?

wireless card

Post by Ted Unangs » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:48:21

Quote:> I was planning on buying an orinco gold, which was apperenty made by
> lucet but takes me to a proxim webpage. I can not find it in the
> supported ist in that man page...does anyone know if it is supported?

Yes, but you can't use host AP mode.  Or some of the other cool tricks.
But if you just want a wireless network card, it will be fine.

--
"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just
because they deem it necessary?"

wireless card

Post by sleep » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 02:05:16

I am running with a D-Link DWL-520 for my embedded system, it is PCI
and I am running with Ambicom compact flash and flash to pcmcia adapter for
my laptop
they both worked under 3.1 & 3.2

Quote:> I was after an 802.11b wireless card that is fully supportedand stable
> when in use by the openbsd, and also if possible the linux kenel.

> suggestions?

1. encryption capable Wireless card or SSH with Wireless Card?

Hi,

There are many Wireless card Openbsd supports, but I some of them has no
  encryption capability. But why need to have encryption capable
wireless card if ssh or VPN software can handle the encryption
seperately? Is it because encryption in Wireless card has hardware based
function built-in?

I don't inow which card is good, how about Lucent Wavelan? and Pro and Cron?

Thanks
sam.

2. the ability to rlogin into a remote linux system w/out being prompted for a password

3. Do I need a wireless router for my wireless cards ?

4. Linux logical succesor to AIX

5. wireless: which 802.11g chipsets/wireless cards to use with freebsd?

6. Mouse Problem

7. Linksys WPC54G Wireless Card

8. Problem with Kernel 1.2.9 and ELF

9. NETDEV Watchdog Timeout for Orinoco Wireless Card

10. loocking for Wireless Card Driver (Netgear MA401)

11. wireless card broken with kernel upgrade

12. System freezes with Netgear MA401 wireless card

13. Wireless cards