No map class -- virtusertable

Post by Ric Messie » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm stuck on this one. I've scoured google, sendmail.org and deja.com to see
if there is anything like this anywhere.

Has anyone had luck setting up the virtusertable under OpenBSD? I get the
following error:

/etc/sendmail.cf: line 127: readcf: config K line, map virtuser: no map
class

I am unable to perform the following command:
makemap dbm /etc/virtusertable < sourcefile

I get the following error:
makemap: Type dbm not supported in this version

I have tried creating the map with hash rather than dbm. Any thoughts would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ric

No map class -- virtusertable

Post by Per Hedela » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Has anyone had luck setting up the virtusertable under OpenBSD?

Of course lots of people have.

Quote:> I get the
>following error:

>/etc/sendmail.cf: line 127: readcf: config K line, map virtuser: no map
>class

So, what does that line look like? Something with single quotes in it
perhaps? If so you probably messed up the quoting in your .mc file, it
should have an opening (`) and a closing (') quote.

Quote:>I am unable to perform the following command:
>makemap dbm /etc/virtusertable < sourcefile

>I get the following error:
>makemap: Type dbm not supported in this version

Use hash instead. Type dbm is only available on the commercial Unicen,
as there is no freely-available and sendmail-compatible implementation
(and hash is "better" anyway).

Quote:>I have tried creating the map with hash rather than dbm.

And it didn't work? What was the error message then?

--Per Hedeland

1. Problem with ==>error opening type hash map virtusertable : Permission denied

Hello...

When I'm trying to launch the following command line  I recive the
following errors:

-----------------------
command line ==>"# makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable <
/etc/mail/virtusertable"
this is the answer
makemap: error opening type hash map /etc/mail/virtusertable: Permission
denied

or

command line ==>"# /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail restart"
-----------------------
this is the answer....
Shutting down sendmail:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting sendmail: makemap: error opening type hash map
/etc/mail/virtusertable: Permission denied
makemap: error opening type hash map /etc/mail/access: Permission denied
makemap: error opening type hash map /etc/mail/domaintable: Permission
denied
makemap: error opening type hash map /etc/mail/mailertable: Permission
denied
..
---------------------

Can Anybody Help me! 8-((((

Thank's ...
Paul

2. X Setup again

3. problem with ==>error opening type hash map virtusertable : Permission denied

4. Unix authentication thru web interface...

5. Fax modems -- class 1, class 2, class 2.0 -- whats going on?

6. Has Anyone compiled R6 in Sparc 1000 running Solaris 2.3

7. sendmail help (map access: class hash not available)

8. httpd.pid not found

9. STL map class & multiple standards

10. Class B and Class C addresses

11. want info about device class interface class

12. Class C subnet of Class B network - netmask wrong

13. Setting up a Class B and Class C DNS on Solaris 2.4