2.1-Amiga install + Hydra Ether -> NIC memory corrupt

2.1-Amiga install + Hydra Ether -> NIC memory corrupt

Post by Jim Dutt » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install OpenBSD-Amiga-2.1 and have a Hydra ethernet card that
appears to have a "bad habit". I have used this ether card under NetBSD and
AmiTCP, and while the NIC memory error message would also appear under NetBSD,
it would only appear once, and then go away.

A note to the distributor about this message resulted only in a shoulder shrug.
It appears that OpenBSD is not able to (re)configure the card ?

The full error text is as follows:

        ed0: length does not match next packet pointer
        ed0: len 0060 nlen 1360 start 0c first 0d curr 0e next 21 stop 40
        ed0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 4960
        ed0: reset

I install-configured ed0 with proper address and netmask. One time with no link
config, and one time with link config (the card has BNC and AUI connectors that
are active simultaneously, from what I remember).

I also see that IFCONFIG has no MTU parameter, and there isn't any NETSTAT
command.

1. amiga-1.2.1 install fails: /bin/sh terminated

ALL of the inst-fs/bin files are 876544 bytes - is this right?

After using BFFS-1.5beta/dcp to copy inst-121.fs to the <swap>
partition and loadbsd -b netbsd is executed, NetBSD-1.2.1 starts up and
then appears to bomb out with something similar to:

        <date> init: /bin/sh terminated
        Enter pathname ....

over and over again.

P.S. I canNOT use xstreamtodev because it is brain dead, and is not
able to handle more than one SCSI controller, so I have to use DCP.

P.S.S. I have downloaded the install filesystem three times now, all
with the same results.

2. 2.5 dropping unneded lock precense check.

3. Amiga Hydra-Ethernet produces ring-buffer overruns

4. test

5. : Problem with RedHat 2.1 install, corrupts rest of disk on LBA drive

6. Job Vacancy for SysAdmin in Paris

7. unixware 2.1 & hardware ??? >>>

8. gdb does not print string variables

9. mmap(), Solaris 2.1 x86, and > real memory.

10. 2.1.5R --> 2.1.6R upgrade available?

11. Memory mapping SVGA video memory on Solaris 2.1 x86??

12. Solaris 2.1 -> install gotcha

13. HELP: NIC memory corrupt