installing open from lpt/com

Post by Te$T » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:31:36

mission imposible?

--

installing open from lpt/com

Post by Alain Deschamp » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:46:15

Quote:>mission imposible?

You could transfer the needed files on a FAT partition with Laplink or
another similar tool working under DOS.
Then you can make the install with the floppy and mount the FAT
partition to access the files.

AD

Post by Hugo Villeneuv » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:12:58

> mission imposible?

OpenBSD doesn't support PLIP over a printer port.

OpenBSD support SLIP, PPP and direct connection (where someone could
use ZMODEM to transfert binary files) over a serial port but not
from any of the install media.

Is it impossible. No. But it's gonna be hard and you'll be on your
own. And you'll need a OpenBSD machine to do the development on it.

Your best bet is to use one of the supported method of installation.
See the INSTALL.i386 file for all the instructions.

You could plug a CD-ROM just for the installation in your machine.
Move the hard-drive to another machine to do the install (but then,
you could end up with CHS problem if they didn't use the same BIOS
addressing (Large/Normal/LBA) or to setup a minimal DOS parition
to copy the install set on it.

etc.

--

http://EINTR.net/

1. problems configuring COM/LPT ports

I recently purchased a Gateway 2000 computer with a Pentium II processor. I
through on a second hard drive for Linux, and installed all the software. It
all seemed to work Okay. In fact I can log in, compile programs, just about
everything works.
However, now is the time to configure it all.....
Usinging the network kernal (net.i) off the system CD, I noticed that none of
my parallel ports or serial ports are being seen. When trying to print, the
queue doesn't know my printer exists, when trying to find my modem (which
WIN95 says is in COM2) I can't find it at all, not in /dev/cua1, /dev/cua0,
/dev/modem. I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it, so let me
tell you what I have.....

Pentium II LX System Board
CDROM, and ZIP drive both connected via secondary IDE controller,
/dev/hda, /dev/hdb connected through primary IDE controller
Universal Serial Bus (whatever that means)
I/O Ports: One parallel, two serial, ports configurable from system setup
program; no jumper settings required
THis is right out of the mother board's specs.

I have no idea what it could be. I know that it supports Plug and Play, and
maybe that could be causing a problem, but again this is only a guess, I have
no idea.

2. sniffer

3. $$ Domain sale: meetLINUX.com,LinuxCares.com, softwares4linux.com And more $$

4. Redhat 4.2 Install Trouble

5. How to do com ? com : com in unix...

6. NFS gid mapping brokein in 2.1.101?

7. $$ Domain sale: meetLINUX.com,LinuxCares.com, softwares4linux.com And more $$

8. Lectra Linux Network

9. jlg058@home.com, tlg62@home.com, egglectric@home.com

10. Some problem while installing PC104 LPT 2COM232 card on PC104 module (linux debian woody 3.0)

11. How to install LPT scanner (Umax 1220p)

12. Open Source higher quality than commercial REASONING.com