Obfuse Error - Gurus Needed :)

Post by Orb1ta » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I get the following error when I ddial or "term" with ppp:
"warning: deflink: dev/cua01: device not configured"
Now, I know my modem is on cua01 (was cua1 in 3 linux
distros, and com2 in dos, and I get error for cua01 even if
I set device differently in ppp.conf), and it is external
(should work; since my other external has SAME error it
can't be the modem).  My ppp.conf is set up EXACTLY like
the demo on openbsd.org... though I get error "unindented
command line 2... ignored," line 2 being that which
contains "set log...".  If anyone knows the meaning of the
aforesaid error--or, rather, its implications besides those
relating to modem hardware and device, which should be ok--
or any fix, please mail me and post a reply.  One thing I
wonder, though (btw I am new to BSD; I was a linux user),
is whether I need any devices to use cua01 (I don't have
ttyS1 and I wonder if that is it; tell me what I need and I
will add em to a new kernel).  THis is my last resort; I
have tried site bbses and irc... please, gurus - help me :)
mail me if you wnat my ppp.conf.  - Orb1tal

1. Linux Fs, need Guru :)

I have some questions about the filesystem of Linux

1) what's the difference between b_dirty and b_uptodate in the struct
   buffer head ?

2) What's the meaning of b_req ?

3) Why a buffer in non locked after a getBlk call ???

4) How works the wait queues we can access by the buffer head struct ??

5) What's the meaning of b_reqnext ???

( the b_xxx are all in the buffer head structure )

                Thanks for any respones

                                        Cster

2. SiS6326 on XFree86 3.3.3 Failed!

3. Calling On ipfwadm Gurus! :)

4. enlightenment window manager

5. Question for UNIX Gurus:)

6. Need Help With FreeBSD Port Makefile

7. crc errors (need guru help)

8. What a week

9. ~~~ NYC: FT JAVA/C++ GURU WANTED!! :) ~~~

10. WHERE is flash come from :):) I NO U WELL

11. just got mac plus :) :)

12. Linus picture available :):)