Anonymous FTP gone from ftp.openbsd.org

Post by harmonic.. » Sat, 08 Jun 2002 00:48:34

Can someone verify that anonymous ftp access to ftp.openbsd.org does not work, I continue to get dumped with the error message,"can't set Guest permissions"

And just when I wanted to update to 3.1, I guess there's always mirrors.

-Harmonics

1. go away evil anonymous ftp!! and ftp questions

Hi all.  We have been having problems with hackers playing around in
our ftp system through the anonymous login, so the decision has been
made to stop anonymous access and only allow restricted access through
individual user accounts.  Well, I'm having trouble.  I have created
indiv. accounts through smit, gave them their own directory structures
and group.  It looks something like this:

/home
  /ftp
    /pub
      /user1 (group a)
      /user2 (group a)
      /user3 (group b)
      /user4 (group b)
      /user5 (group b)
      /user6 (group b)

I want group a to be able to go into each other's directories, as well
as group b. (done)  But, I don't want them to be able to go up the
diretory tree or get out of the /pub directory.  Also, how do I turn
off anonymous ftp access?  I have tried all different kinds of
directory permissions and locked the anonymous accounts, and I can get
part of the solution, but not the entire fix.  How can I accomplish
both of these tasks?

2. net-2 ALL in SLS 1.03??

3. FTP: New Linux FTP site: ftp.kernel.org

4. What does /etc/aix/logform do?

5. info.cert.org anonymous FTP archive

6. Q: shad2pwd password file busy why?

7. ftp://ftp.uk.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.3/

8. Trouble with kppp?

9. ftp.suse.com kde3 slower than ftp.kde.org

10. ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/scm/

11. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

12. Setting up FTP/Anonymous FTP