1. problem w/ ppp/modem
i have this problem with openbsd 2.6 (on i386 (amd k6-233)):
when i start ppp it seems like there's no connection to the
modem (external us robotics 28800 sportster). as a non root
user i start ppp. when i try to "talk" to the modem (using)
term, i get no response, what i type is not even echoed.
the only solution is then to type "~." to exit the term.
Working in interactive mode
Using interface: tun0
ppp ON argon> show physical
Link Type: interactive
Connect Count: 0
Queued Packets: 0
Phone Number: N/A
Device List: "/dev/cua00"
Characteristics: 115200bps, cs8, no parity, CTS/RTS on
CD check delay: device specific
Connect time: 0:00:00
0 octets in, 0 octets out
Overall 0 bytes/sec
ppp ON argon> term
deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cua00
Type `~?' for help
ppp ON argon> quit
$ ifconfig -a
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT half-duplex)
inet 192.168.56.10 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.56.255
do i need to configure the tun0 device? how? as i said, after the
term command in ppp, i dont get no response (nor an echo of my
typed commands (like at, ...)). the leds on the modem dont
in case it is usefule, i recompiled the kernel with the following
conf/GENERIC: only modif: enabled option GATEWAY
arch/i386/conf/GENERIC: as is from distribution
thanks for your help.
Windows 95: n.
32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written
by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.
2. How do i remove Linux?
3. ppp problem or modem problem?
4. Need help and/or information about Apache
5. PPP Server problem or modem problem
6. Linux-friendly ISP's
7. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE
8. Connecting an IBM 3178 term???
9. MAC/PPP <---> FreeBSD PPP --->modem---> ISP
10. Querying modem-to-modem speed of PPP connection.
11. fast-->slow ppp link; talk to modem while ppp running
12. HELP with Modem initial.: Modem stops cooperating with ppp
13. PPP connection via mac or win modem dialup to dedicated Linux ppp server