Linux haters (wintrolls hate Linux and love FreeBSD)

Post by Joe the Aro » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:37:41

> >> Can't understand their hatred towards Linux at all.  Why is it that
> >> Wintrolls love FreeBSD and hate Linux?  It doesn't make any sense, since
> >> they seem kind of similar to me and run the same apps pretty much.  It's
> >> like "Hey, I hate Linux and love FreeBSD.

> >Well FreeBSD advocates are usually more mature/intelligent/sane than
> >Linux advocates.

> Actually, it's a documented fact that FreeBSD advocates have lower
> IQs than Linux advocates.

Really? Somehow I *HIGHLY* doubt that based on COLA.

Post by Dave Uhrin » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:50:38

>> >Well FreeBSD advocates are usually more mature/intelligent/sane than
>> >Linux advocates.

>> Actually, it's a documented fact that FreeBSD advocates have lower
>> IQs than Linux advocates.

> Really? Somehow I *HIGHLY* doubt that based on COLA.

Wintrolls love *BSD because their god can freely steal the BSD code and
implement it in Windows, and that god cannot do that with GPL code.

Linux haters (wintrolls hate Linux and love FreeBSD)

Post by Berk S. Daemo » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:31:34

Quote:> > >> Can't understand their hatred towards Linux at all.  Why is it that
It's

> > >Well FreeBSD advocates are usually more mature/intelligent/sane than
> > >Linux advocates.

> > Actually, it's a documented fact that FreeBSD advocates have lower
> > IQs than Linux advocates.

ROFLMFAO!!!! Who the hell wrote that? It's a 'documented fact' ROFL!!! *
man, what's next? It's an RFC or in Draft too?

Post by Mark Ke » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:05:00

>since
>It's

>> > Actually, it's a documented fact that FreeBSD advocates have lower
>> > IQs than Linux advocates.

>ROFLMFAO!!!! Who the hell wrote that? It's a 'documented fact' ROFL!!! *
>man, what's next? It's an RFC or in Draft too?

I suspect that it was a joke?

--
            |  Mark Kent   --   Take out the ham to mail me.  |
There's something to be said for returning the whole syntax tree.

*
> >man, what's next? It's an RFC or in Draft too?

> I suspect that it was a joke?

I never saw the original post. I sure hope it was a joke, or someone needs
to really lay off the crack pipe. Any less brain cells would be 0-2 brains
cells, can be pretty dangerous.

Linux haters (wintrolls hate Linux and love FreeBSD)

Post by rapska » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:46:02

Error Log for Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:45:54 -0500: segfault in module "Berk S.
Daemon" - dump details are as follows...

> that
>> >since
>> >It's

>> >ROFLMFAO!!!! Who the hell wrote that? It's a 'documented fact' ROFL!!!
> *
>> >man, what's next? It's an RFC or in Draft too?

>> I suspect that it was a joke?

> I never saw the original post. I sure hope it was a joke, or someone
> needs to really lay off the crack pipe. Any less brain cells would be
> 0-2 brains cells, can be pretty dangerous.

That's very profound.

Would you consider yourself to be an average BSD user then?

No, I guess not.

--
rapskat  - 11:40pm  up 7 days, 13:50,  5 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.09, 0.12

If I try knowing there is little hope of succeeding I risk failure, not to try assures it. -- Anonymous

Post by Mark Ke » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:35:01

>Error Log for Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:45:54 -0500: segfault in module "Berk S.
>Daemon" - dump details are as follows...

>> that

>> *

>>> I suspect that it was a joke?

>> I never saw the original post. I sure hope it was a joke, or someone
>> needs to really lay off the crack pipe. Any less brain cells would be
>> 0-2 brains cells, can be pretty dangerous.

>That's very profound.

>Would you consider yourself to be an average BSD user then?

>No, I guess not.

Indeed.  Surely anyone could have seen it was a joke..?  Apparently not.

--
            |  Mark Kent   --   Take out the ham to mail me.  |
Anybody that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years

Linux haters (wintrolls hate Linux and love FreeBSD)

Post by jp » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:21:04

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:35:01 +0000 (UTC),
[snip: we're all too silly to actually snip a bit]

Quote:

> Indeed.  Surely anyone could have seen it was a joke..?  Apparently not.

No-one noticed it was cross-posted or bothered to do something about out,
either. alt.troll.line-hook-sinker is thataway ------------------------->

Post by Berk S. Daemo » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 01:27:37

> Error Log for Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:45:54 -0500: segfault in module "Berk S.
> Daemon" - dump details are as follows...

> > that

> > *

> >> I suspect that it was a joke?

> > I never saw the original post. I sure hope it was a joke, or someone
> > needs to really lay off the crack pipe. Any less brain cells would be
> > 0-2 brains cells, can be pretty dangerous.

> That's very profound.

> Would you consider yourself to be an average BSD user then?

> No, I guess not.

> --
> rapskat  - 11:40pm  up 7 days, 13:50,  5 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.09,
0.12

> If I try knowing there is little hope of succeeding I risk failure, not to

try assures it. -- Anonymous

Wow, you can read headers. Damn, you're special! Here's a lollipop for you.

I don't *hate* MS like most Linux users, another reason I left Linux for
FreeBSD/OpenBSD. And regardless, windows sure has it's place regardless of
what you think. I'd like to see you playing Quake, UT, MOHAA etc on OpenBSD.
I guess you feel special, but we sure know you're 'special'.

Post by GreyClou » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 05:31:26

> > Error Log for Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:45:54 -0500: segfault in module "Berk S.
> > Daemon" - dump details are as follows...

> > > that

> > > *

> > > I never saw the original post. I sure hope it was a joke, or someone
> > > needs to really lay off the crack pipe. Any less brain cells would be
> > > 0-2 brains cells, can be pretty dangerous.

> > That's very profound.

> > Would you consider yourself to be an average BSD user then?

> > No, I guess not.

> > --
> > rapskat  - 11:40pm  up 7 days, 13:50,  5 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.09,
> 0.12

> > If I try knowing there is little hope of succeeding I risk failure, not to
> try assures it. -- Anonymous

> Wow, you can read headers. Damn, you're special! Here's a lollipop for you.

> I don't *hate* MS like most Linux users, another reason I left Linux for
> FreeBSD/OpenBSD. And regardless, windows sure has it's place regardless of
> what you think. I'd like to see you playing Quake, UT, MOHAA etc on OpenBSD.
> I guess you feel special, but we sure know you're 'special'.

Guffaw!  You'd just rather support an illegal monopoly then
right??

Post by JD » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:29:35

> > I don't *hate* MS like most Linux users, another reason I left Linux for
> > FreeBSD/OpenBSD. And regardless, windows sure has it's place regardless of
> > what you think. I'd like to see you playing Quake, UT, MOHAA etc on OpenBSD.
> > I guess you feel special, but we sure know you're 'special'.

> Guffaw!  You'd just rather support an illegal monopoly then
> right??

It is best to use the best tool for the job.   I happen to be very pro-FreeBSD
(and pro-Unix), but that doesn't make me hate Microsoft or WindowsNT/2000.
The most rediculous are those who advocate one side (Linux/Windows200) over
the other, purely for emotional reasons, rather than solving a problem.

However, there are alot of people with ego problems that seem to be
envious of Microsoft's success.   Even if Microsoft was a more fair player,
they'd still be extremely successful.

Remember:  Microsoft doesn't 'win' very often because they are so very
good, but their competition has often been incompetent.   When their
competition was 'competent', then there are other forces that have
tripped them up.   Microsoft has had a combo of good fortune, aggressive
business practices, and incredibly unfortunate or incompetent competition.

It isn't right to claim that Microsoft's success is fully due to their aggressive
(IMO, distasteful) business practices, and isn't solely due to their ejudicated
illegal practices.

The Linux/GPL-indoctorinated Jihad against Microsoft is pretty distasteful in
its own regard.

John

Linux haters (wintrolls hate Linux and love FreeBSD)

Post by Berk S. Daemo » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:01:44

Quote:> > I don't *hate* MS like most Linux users, another reason I left Linux for
> > FreeBSD/OpenBSD. And regardless, windows sure has it's place regardless
of
> > what you think. I'd like to see you playing Quake, UT, MOHAA etc on
OpenBSD.
> > I guess you feel special, but we sure know you're 'special'.

> Guffaw!  You'd just rather support an illegal monopoly then
> right??

Well, this is getting out of hand. If you're posting from the linux.advocacy
group, then you should just stay there and forget about this as I will too
because it won't get anywhere with your reasoning.

I'm not like most Linux people I come across "oh, Linux will rule the
world!", "Anything not Linux sucks!", "We're anti-M$,
anti-anything_not_linux!" yadda yadda yadda... And yes, I know there are
some BSD people that think like this too, but in the Linux world, it's the
*Linux trend* to be anti-MS.
If somethings does the job for me better than something else, then I'll use
it - end of story! If someone doesn't like it, well that's just too bad for
them now isn't it? I'm not going to follow other people, or trends like most
Linux'ers have... Linux or nothing! Sorry, that attitude is just not for me
and I feel sorry for those negative & closed minded individuals.

It's all about the right tool for the job! If Linux does something I need
that one of the BSD's don't (for free, or better, or for whatever valid
reason), then I'll use it; same with windows! But so far, *BSD or Windows
does all the jobs I need as of yet but that's just me. I'm open minded.

If someone starts a new religlion (as it almost is now) and their god is
Linus Torvalds I'm not going to quit my religion because other people are
doing it.

Now, as for your comment on 'illegal monopoly' care to elaborate? Are you a
legal lawyer, or a legal judge? I didn't think so!
I still would financially support *BSD over MS any day! Linux, I would only
for non-MS'ish distro's such as Slackware to name just one. Most certainly
not RedHat, Mandrake, SuSe, Caldera, etc.. The MS of the *nix world IMHO.

PS: Caldera still thinking of 'licensing' their Linux distro in the same way
MS does? Or has it already been done? I can't comment on the other 188+
Linux distro's to date.

Post by Berk S. Daemo » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:02:21

> > > I don't *hate* MS like most Linux users, another reason I left Linux
for
> > > FreeBSD/OpenBSD. And regardless, windows sure has it's place
regardless of
> > > what you think. I'd like to see you playing Quake, UT, MOHAA etc on
OpenBSD.
> > > I guess you feel special, but we sure know you're 'special'.

> > Guffaw!  You'd just rather support an illegal monopoly then
> > right??

> It is best to use the best tool for the job.   I happen to be very
pro-FreeBSD
> (and pro-Unix), but that doesn't make me hate Microsoft or WindowsNT/2000.
> The most rediculous are those who advocate one side (Linux/Windows200)
over
> the other, purely for emotional reasons, rather than solving a problem.

> However, there are alot of people with ego problems that seem to be
> envious of Microsoft's success.   Even if Microsoft was a more fair
player,
> they'd still be extremely successful.

> Remember:  Microsoft doesn't 'win' very often because they are so very
> good, but their competition has often been incompetent.   When their
> competition was 'competent', then there are other forces that have
> tripped them up.   Microsoft has had a combo of good fortune, aggressive
> business practices, and incredibly unfortunate or incompetent competition.

> It isn't right to claim that Microsoft's success is fully due to their
aggressive
> (IMO, distasteful) business practices, and isn't solely due to their
ejudicated
> illegal practices.

> The Linux/GPL-indoctorinated Jihad against Microsoft is pretty distasteful
in
> its own regard.

> John

Well said! Now here's an intelligent post.

Post by Mark Ke » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:04:48

>> > I don't *hate* MS like most Linux users, another reason I left Linux for
>> > FreeBSD/OpenBSD. And regardless, windows sure has it's place regardless of
>> > what you think. I'd like to see you playing Quake, UT, MOHAA etc on OpenBSD.
>> > I guess you feel special, but we sure know you're 'special'.

>> Guffaw!  You'd just rather support an illegal monopoly then
>> right??

>It is best to use the best tool for the job.   I happen to be very pro-FreeBSD
>(and pro-Unix), but that doesn't make me hate Microsoft or WindowsNT/2000.
>The most rediculous are those who advocate one side (Linux/Windows200) over
>the other, purely for emotional reasons, rather than solving a problem.

So go  to a BSD group - this group is for linux advocacy.

--

Post by Ted » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:22:41

> So go  to a BSD group - this group is for linux advocacy.

No, this group is quite clearly for users of OpenBSD.

--
Ted, toll collector of the information superhighway

1. Love Linux or hate M$ ?

Here's an interesting question to ask yourself...

If Microsoft started it's own distribution of linux, and it was
stable/secure/fast with
an easy to use install program, would you use it? Assuming it could be
obtained via
ftp, cheapbytes, or their own cd set that was competitively priced.

What if it was actually better in every respect than the other linux
dists ?

Food for thought

Rob

2. Solaris -> AIX Printing

3. I LOVE LINUX, but I hate the technical support

4. Evaluating inside 'foreach'

5. Love Linux, Hate RedHat ... well Psyche anyway.

6. FAQ Wanted

7. Why does Linux / OSS community love mailing lists and hate news servers?

8. archiving?

9. BM hates Linux, LILO hates OS/2

10. We love you, Wintrolls,

11. iMac Design -- Love it or hate it

12. Linksys NC-100 and Tulip, a love hate relationship?