ATAPI CDRW?

Post by j.. » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am thinking about trying OpenBSD again.  I have an HP 7200i which
appears to work in FreeBSD with the worm device?  I would rather Net or
Open I believe and want to know if it is at all supported.

thanks

ATAPI CDRW?

Post by Mari Donker » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I am thinking about trying OpenBSD again.  I have an HP 7200i which
> appears to work in FreeBSD with the worm device?  I would rather Net or
> Open I believe and want to know if it is at all supported.

I am having trouble with my HP 7100i SureStore drive... See
bug 1028 report I issued at:

   http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/wwwgnats.pl/full/1028

ATAPI CDRW?

Post by J.. » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Actually, what I really wanted to know is wether or not I can use it to burn
CDs in OpenBSD.  Apperently FreeBSD supports this with some patch, I was
hoping that OpenBSD would as well.

> > I am thinking about trying OpenBSD again.  I have an HP 7200i which
> > appears to work in FreeBSD with the worm device?  I would rather Net or
> > Open I believe and want to know if it is at all supported.

> I am having trouble with my HP 7100i SureStore drive... See
> bug 1028 report I issued at:

>    http://cvs.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/wwwgnats.pl/full/1028

1. Atapi cdrw

        Seems like the xcdroast docs say that a audio cd cannot be read from an
atapi cdrom using ide-scsi emulation.

        Is this what I am reading and is this true?

        It burns the heck out of Data Cds.

        I have tried with cdparanoia and other tricks. amd then I read that it
doesn't work yet.

        What if I left the cdrom as ide and just turned on the cdr as scsi
emu?  But doesnt cdrecord need scsi on both ends, making the images and
burning the images.

        Or could I run it as ide and just copy it to hd then work on it (make
images?)

        Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks ahead
--
                     ----

       M.H. Collins             < LINUX: The Official OS >
         ******                 < for the New Millennium >