boot device mirroring

Post by Ryn » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 05:26:17

Hello folks,

Does any software eist (besides dump & dd) to actively mirror boot devices
with OpenBSD? I have been scouring the manual and google this afternoon
trying to find a product to use on production firewalls.

Thanks for any info

Ryn

1. Separate boot device without mirroring

I have 2 internal SCSI disks
Only one is currrently used ( /, /var, /opt, /export, swap )

What I would like to do is setup the other disk so that if can also be a boot device,
without having to use Solstice DiskSuite mirroring.

I know I have to add that disk to the list of boot devices via openboot.
Should I just simply:

*) Create partitions on the unused disk so that they match the disk being used
*) dd from one partition to the other, e.g.: ?

        dd if=/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 of=/dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0

2. sending init file / firmware to a network driver via kernel

3. Mirroring Boot device with FreeBSD 4.X??

4. Source code of common Unix command: where can you find it ?

5. Booting 2.8 from raw device (broken root mirror)

6. CDE Backdrop Problem

7. Solaris 9 - SVM, Mirror Boot Device

8. how to get cwd/pwd as shell prompt

9. Mirroring the boot device

10. Mirroring boot devices

11. Mirroring boot device

12. Smoke and Mirrors: mirrored concat / concat mirrors

13. mirror, unmirror,backup mirror re-mirror howto