Console settings

Post by Eric Murph » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 06:32:49

Is there anyway I can change the default system console settings in
Linux or BSD?

For example, have my font be a different size and color, maybe have a
longer line width, etc. Would it be possible for a change like this to
be visible right from the initial boot output?

Thanks,
Eric

Console settings

Post by Han » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:04:09

Eric Murphy schreef de met > gemarkeerde tekst.

Quote:> Is there anyway I can change the default system console settings in
> Linux or BSD?

Yes look into the manuals and internet for more information.

For Linux search on framebuffers.
For OpenBSD search for wscons.

Try to find out as much as possible by yourself.

And please don't multipost (If you are).

Groetjes, Han.
--
:wq

1. Wyse Console setting ?? for French Keyboard.

Hye,

On AIX 4.3.x.x I would like to set up a French Keyboard
with my WYSE Consol, but when I m trying to set up it
with SMIT.

Here is the options Used in SMIT :

->System Environments
 -->Manage Language Environment
  -->Change/Show Primary Language
   -->Select Set of Cultural Convention

And I chose ISO8859-1 FR_FR ( For all setting )
(curiously the Script Shell finish well : OK )

 Here is what I choose EXACTLY :
 CODESET:ISO8859-1
 KEYBOARD: French Default.

Do I miss something else ?
Because My Keyboard is always QWERTY

2. CC and sockets (HELP)

3. URGENT!!! Need help on Freebsd serial console setting

4. Linux as a router from a 100Mb to a 10Mb network.

5. Serial Console - setting up

6. Solaris 2.6 on an Ultra10 will not boot

7. console settings?

8. Printcap file ...Help

9. Console setting with OBsd

10. Console settings

11. Help: How to change 80 x 25 console setting

12. URGENT!!!! Need help with Freebsd serial console setting

13. console setting..