new kernel woes

Post by Ted Sikor » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I installed 2.7 tonight and everytime I build a kernel routing breaks.
It gives a routing ::1: error on bootup and the default gateway is
disabled. The orig kernel is fine though. Anyone else getting this?

Regards,
--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group

1. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

I hate to ask the often answered, but I have a TDK VeloCD CD-RW in my PII
233 machine installed as a master on the secondary IDE. I'm running
Mandrake-linux 7.0, and of course I get the bad link problem. I have run the
fix suggested on Mandrake's Web-page, but I can't figure a way to make the
fix either permenant or automatic. The fix (in case you haven't seen it is
to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to check for the presence of a working CD-RW,
then to type "cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom" in a terminal) This
fix works but there's got to be a better way...any thoughts.

2. RS6k monitor cabling.

3. Help to boot new kernel with grub -delited the old kernel before tried the new one

4. 3c509b network annoyance

5. SLIP/PPP -->new kernel-->new compiler-->new make

6. HELP - Need Info on imaging/cloning drives

7. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

8. chmod from win95 to WWW server

9. I/O error with new kernel and new pppd

10. 3c59x new version, help me please with the new kernels

11. ??? kernel: vs-7050: new entry is found, new inode == 0

12. New linux user needs help with new kernel

13. new sound stuff in new kernels ?