ext2 partition

Post by <f.. » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:15:08

Hi,
I would like to mount an ext2 partition under OpenBSD 2.9... Does the ext2 file
system support is included in the generic kernel ? When I try to mount my parti
tion, I have the error : "I/O error"
Does anyone has a solution ?

--
User of http://www.foorum.com/. The best tools for usenet searching.

ext2 partition

Post by walt » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:13:47

> Hi,
> I would like to mount an ext2 partition under OpenBSD 2.9... Does the ext2 file
> system support is included in the generic kernel ? When I try to mount my parti
> tion, I have the error : "I/O error"

Does the ext2 partition appear in your disklabel?  Any partition you want
to mount must appear in the disklabel, and you probably will need to edit
the disklabel and add the entry yourself before you can mount the partition.

1. ext2 partition resize & ext2 in boot manager

Two questions.
        Can I use Partition Magic or some utility like it to resize an ext2fs partition?
        Is there a way to re-add an ext2fs partition to boot manager?

        I'd like to re-arrange my partition scheme on my 2 1.08 GB drives, more for Linux, less
HPFS.  Or if I can't resize, what's the best way to move my Linux (the whole thing) from one
partition to another?  Or can it even be done?  (yeah, I could reinstall, but I'll be doing that
with OS/2 when I get Merlin - the real reason behind all this... )

        Mike Stella                             Got my sights on the stars
        Partner/Software Engr.                  won't get that far
        Infoclypse, Inc.                        but I'll try anyway...

2. Looking for shell equivalents of isdigit() etc...

3. Moving/Resizing Linux (ext2) partitions with Partition Magic: It works!

4. Simple directory-copy-with-owners question

5. Ext2 Partition signature? (Reconstruct Partition Table)

6. Kernel Panic : Init not found

7. Partition Magic 4.0 supports ext2 partitions

8. qmail not listening.

9. Is it Possible to enlarge a SWAP partition from a EXT2 partition?

10. Linux (Ext2) Partitions are now Resizable (Re: Resize partition ?)

11. Can Partition Magic resize ext2 partitions?

12. ext2 partition between FAT32 partitions

13. Ext2 partitioning issues