QMail installation

Post by Sebastiano Gazzol » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:27:52

I have installed QMail as explained in "Life with qmail" guide. After
installation all daemons seem run. But when I connect with telnet to 25
port I receive this message:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

and then I can't do anything. I have successfull disabled Sendmail and
when I try to do the command:

netstat -a | grep smtp

I receive this output

tcp        0      0  *.smtp                 *.*
LISTEN

I think this is right! But why I can't use smtp server?

Many thank

Cold80

QMail installation

Post by Jan-Uwe Fin » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 23:11:57

> I think this is right! But why I can't use smtp server?

Although you didn't tell us I guess you use OpenBSD 3.2

If that is correct, you /var partition is mounted
nodev, nosuid

which is probably the reason.

1. qmail installation problem

I am novice to qmail and also linux. I have loaded qmail as per the
directives in Life with qmail. After loading I was able to send a
local test mail. After that I wanted to reboot the machine which I am
unable to do When I am booting I am getting the following messges
constantly-
supervise:fatal:unable to start log/run : exec format error
supervise:fatal:unable to start log/run : exec format error
supervise:fatal:unable to start qmail-smtpd/run : exec format error
These 3 lines are occuring in a loop
Please help
Regards
Chaitali

2. HOW to boot WIN95 on third SCSI disk with LILO ???

3. qmail installation problem...

4. PHIGS for Linux?

5. qmail installation

6. ipsec connection up, pinging other end impossible

7. qmail installation problem, msgs stuck in queue, help!

8. swap partition size

9. qmail installation problem

10. qmail and qmail+MRTG How-Tos

11. qmail help: how do i use qmail-pw2u????

12. Qmail Server Installation Problems

13. Installation of Qmail-scanner 0.96