Terminal scrambled

Post by Bob Bernstei » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I telnetted into a machine where (apparently) the terminal settings were not
to obsd's liking. The result of this is that the virtual console I was using
is now (apparently) permanently scrambled.

How can I get my own terminal back?

--
Bob Bernstein                     http://www.ruptured-duck.com
at

Terminal scrambled

Post by Flavio Curt » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

hi

try entering 'reset', this should set-back the console on most unixes...

greetz & hope it helps
Flavio

> I telnetted into a machine where (apparently) the terminal settings were not
> to obsd's liking. The result of this is that the virtual console I was using
> is now (apparently) permanently scrambled.

> How can I get my own terminal back?

> --
> Bob Bernstein                     http://www.ruptured-duck.com
> at
> Esmond, R.I., USA                   This is......OpenBSD 2.6!

--
to e-mail remove SPAM from email...

1. X scrambles ascii terminal

I just recently installed RH 5.2. The only problem I'm having is that once I
run X a little while the ascii vt's become "Scrambled". All of them. They
stay scrambled until I reboot. X works fine tho.

I'm using the XF86_S3V server. My machine is:
Shuttle HOT-569 mother board
AMD k6-233
64 meg RAM

Another peculiarity that maybe related is that I've got rdev -v set to ask
and when I set the video at 1 for the 80x50 mode it go to that mode until it
reaches the "mounting filesystems" line in the bootup. Then it switches back
to 80x25. Isn't that odd?

THANKS for any suggestions!

-dan

--

Metal Design & Fabrication

2. SLS 1.02 - Library links?

3. scrambled terminal

4. Deskjet 720C Parallel Printer Not Working

5. Scrambled Terminal Emulator

6. Speedstar VGA

7. Resetting a "scrambled" terminal

8. ATI 3D Rage PRO problem

9. VGA scrambled on startup ?! ?

10. remote X - Reflection - mandrake 7.2 - keyboard input scrambled

11. Scrambled mouse cursor in X11?

12. RPI modem scrambles connection

13. scrambled man pages