cqcam on OpenBSD 3.3 i386

Post by Marc » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:16:05

Hello,

I've got one of these old Connectix QuickCam web camera connected to my
i386 OpenBSD v3.3 box using the parallel port. So to make use of the
camera I've installed the OpenBSD package cqcam-0.91 but unfortunately
when I want to take a picture using the cqcam binary I get the following
error message:

% sudo cqcam
i386_iopl: Operation not permitted
i386_iopl: Operation not permitted
i386_iopl: Operation not permitted
No camera found.

I am pretty sure the camer works as it does on Windows 98.... Did
someone already see this problem or can someone help maybe ?

Many thanks

Regards

cqcam on OpenBSD 3.3 i386

Post by Jord » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:59:19

> Hello,

> I've got one of these old Connectix QuickCam web camera connected to my
> i386 OpenBSD v3.3 box using the parallel port. So to make use of the
> camera I've installed the OpenBSD package cqcam-0.91 but unfortunately
> when I want to take a picture using the cqcam binary I get the following
> error message:

> % sudo cqcam
> i386_iopl: Operation not permitted
> i386_iopl: Operation not permitted
> i386_iopl: Operation not permitted
> No camera found.

> I am pretty sure the camer works as it does on Windows 98.... Did
> someone already see this problem or can someone help maybe ?

> Many thanks

> Regards

Can you check if you can see the parallel port?

dmesg | grep lpt

cqcam on OpenBSD 3.3 i386

Post by Marc » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:47:55

> Can you check if you can see the parallel port?

> dmesg | grep lpt

Yep, here it is:

% dmesg | grep lpt
lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378/4 irq 7

Regards

1. gcc 3.3-2 complains with arch/i386/meth-emu/poly.h

Hi Marco,
thanks for your post - yes, we definitely need to be able to
compile with gcc-3.3.  Since it looks like you're a newcomer,
here are a few tips:

When you post changes like this,
please mention which version of the kernel source you're starting from.

Also, the preferred format for posting
changes like this is as an inline patch; see
http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s1-10
http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s4-1
http://www.kegel.com/academy/opensource.html#patches

Finally, check a recent version of the kernel before posting a patch.
It looks like this issue has been fixed in 2.5; see
http://lxr.linux.no/source/arch/i386/math-emu/poly.h?v=2.5.56
You might want to check 2.4.21-pre6 to see if it's been
fixed there yet, and if not, submit a patch to Marcello,
preferably using the same approach used in the 2.5 fix.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com

-

2. Problems with NFS client

3. Problems using 3c503 cards on netbsd-1.3.3-i386 -- how to fix?

4. capacity of exabyte 8200?

5. Im trying to find the RPM for apache-1.3.3.i386

6. sendmail

7. XFree 3.3 on OpenBSD 3.0

8. dlopen and threaded libraries

9. upgrading openbsd 3.3

10. Problems with ftp-proxy, nat and OpenBSD 3.2/3.3

11. OpenBSD 3.3 - wrong PPPoE user/pass

12. mail portal openbsd 3.3

13. How to start php4 installed by ports in OpenBSD 3.3?