Wyse 185: no login prompt

Post by Daniel Schmolz » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

I got a Wyse 185 the other day from a friend, and tried to connect it to my
OpenBSD box  using a gender changer on the DB25 end (the local radio shack
only had female to male, I needed both female). Not a thing.

Does anyone have experience with this particular terminal, or with others in
the Wyse line? I'm guessing that it's the gender changer that's messing me
up, since I've tried all the other obvious things

Thanks

Wyse 185: no login prompt

Post by Christian Weisgerb » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

> I got a Wyse 185 the other day from a friend, and tried to connect it to my
> OpenBSD box  using a gender changer on the DB25 end (the local radio shack
> only had female to male, I needed both female). Not a thing.

You are aware that you need to use a null modem cable, aren't you?