Linux root.root -> OBSD root.?

Post by Jerom » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:49:37

In linux I had a bunch of files permitted as  chown root.root  but OpenBSD
tells me there's no "root" group (which there isn't) so what do I use for
a group? wheel? When I create a file as root it sets the group to the user
I was before I su-ed to root.

1. Mail:root -> 553.5.5.4<root>...

I don't send Email with mail CDE aplication :

 553.5.5.4 <root>... Domain name required for sender address root .

I use Sendmail, where Would I specify domain of root ?

--
--------------------------
 FreE wOrlD = FrEe cOdE

2. Creating a lib

3. HELP need root->other->root uid

4. mail list software w/ web interface

5. From Root to non-Root on the fly => HOW?

6. Kernel doesn't see mem beyond 16M

7. Digital UNIX, C2 -> change root password as non-root

8. Magic Rush 3D graphics card supported???

9. Q: Moving UMSDOS root -> SCSI root

10. /root -> /home/root ?

11. current->fs->root vs. current->fs->altroot

12. Root or Not Root?

13. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root disks.