Installing driver for an Onboard NIC

Post by Douglas Robinso » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi

    I have a little problem. I have installed OpenBSD

(OpenBSD noname 2.5 GENERIC#243 i386) on a old computor

I picked up for nothing. The problem is the NIC fails

at init time. Here are the lines from dmesg:

le0 at isa0 port 0x360-0x377 irq 15 drq 6: NE2100 Ethernet

le0: address 08:00:36:01:db:37

le0: 8 receive buffers, two transmit buffers

.

.

.

le0: controller failed to initialize

le0: controller failed to initialize

Will somebody tell me how to make this sucker

work?!

Thanks for your time!

dkr

--
Doug Robinson - Tactical Software

1. Asus P4PE onboard lan driver bcm4401 / bcm4400 RedHat 8.0 linux install : SOLVED

Keywords for search:
Asus P4PE lan driver bcm4401 / bcm4400 install redhat red hat 8.0
linux onboard LAN ethernet NIC errors working problem solution solved

For RH 8.0, to install lan driver, after doing 'make' I was getting
lot of errors, because I had not installed kernel developement
packages needed to build the driver.

Use the Red Hat RPM Package Management tool to install the Kernel
Development package:
- kernel-source
- libacl-devel
- libattr-devel

then follow the procedure in release.txt for the linux driver on Asus
P4PE CD.
Should work fine. Then configure the device in by any way you like.

Make sure that gcc is already installed.

I found the solution here :

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/37286

Thanks to KevinJ and derek.eder
now I have to work to get the onboard sound working...

njoy,
Manish

2. Solution to serial ports no found on Iwill motherboard

3. Installing Davicom 9102 onboard ethernet card driver

4. POSITION AVAILABLE--UNIX/NT SYS ADMIN

5. How do I use an on-board NIC?

6. IP Alias on SCO

7. RH FTP Install needs NIC driver

8. Sorais 8 Update failed

9. ethtool -t failing on onboard and PCI NICs

10. Does Solaris 10 support ASUS P4P800 on-board NIC?

11. recompiling with onboard NIC !!!!! help meeee plz

12. SIS900 onboard NIC problem

13. CUR-DLS onboard NIC