Installation/network troube

Post by Matt Mark » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hey,

I'm trying to install OpenBSD on an i386.  I'm a CS major at *ia Tech,
and I need some form of UNIX on my computer.  I try to install OpenBSD, but
when i get to the part right after setting paritions, it asks which network
device to use or whatever.  But nothing is listed.  I have a 3Com 3x905c
network card.  When openBSD goes through the boot up process before
installation, i see that it recognizes the card.  It just doesn't list it so
that I can use it.  I need it to install over FTP.  Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Matt Marks

Installation/network troube

Post by Scott Well » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

When it's booting, when it probes the card, does it say "not configured" at the
end of the line when it finds the NIC?

If so, the kernel you're using to boot doesn't have support for that NIC.

Scott Wells
Shadow Systems