default class

Post by William Aher » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:07:04

is the daemon class from login.conf used by any application in a default
install? i assumed that at least something like named would be, but it has
no class in master.passwd.

tia,

Bill

default class

Post by Urs Breinlinge » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:18:16

> is the daemon class from login.conf used by any application in a
> default install? i assumed that at least something like named would
> be, but it has no class in master.passwd.

As apache, named, ftpd and other services are started by root (running
/etc/rc) the daemon class /is/ used.

awk -F ":" '$5 == "daemon" {print}' < /etc/master.passwd

Regards,

   urs

1. Fax modems -- class 1, class 2, class 2.0 -- whats going on?

I am using Linux + mgetty/sendfax to send faxes.  This
setup does not support Class 1 fax modems.  I am becoming
quite concerned about the availability of faxmodems with
class 2 fax support.  Is it going away?

For example, a 28.8 logicode modem has class 2 support,
but the newer, faster 32.whatever modem from the same
manufacturer only has class 1 support.

Are we going in a winmodem direction here?  I hope not!

Also, will class 2 software be able to driver class 2.0
modems?

Thanks in advance,

-- cary

2. A threads problem

3. Class B and Class C addresses

4. system hacked, need help

5. want info about device class interface class

6. Private key - Public key

7. Class C subnet of Class B network - netmask wrong

8. PPP config for Sprynet/Compuserve

9. Setting up a Class B and Class C DNS on Solaris 2.4

10. Setting up a DNS Class B and Class C on Solaris 2.4

11. Server class or workstation class installation for Oracle 8i?

12. Isn't It Easy To Change From a Class-C To a Class-B Net ?