Error installing OpenBSD 2.7

Post by Jesper Krog Anders » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi there

I am trying to install OpenBSD2.7 on a Pentium90, Intel processor, Intel
Zappa (I think) motherboard using Triton chipset, a 1 GB Quantum harddisk.

I have tried installing over FTP, and I have tried to download everything,
write it on a CD and install from that.

What happens is: I partition the disk, set up network, and get to the point
where I install the packages. When installing and unpacking, the bar-graph
stops for a second or two, and the following appears:

wd0(pciide0:0:0): timeout
type: ata
c_bcount:_ xxxx
c_skip: 0
pciide0:0:0: Bus-Master DMA error: missing interrupt, status=0x21
wd0a: DMA eror writing fsbn xxxxxx of xxxxxx-xxxxxx (wd0 bn xxxxxx; cn xxx
tn x sn xx), retrying

wd0: soft error (corrected)

After this the install continues, writes a few bytes and the message
reappears. After a few times the install program hangs, and I have to
restart.

Does anybody have any idea of what is going on, and what I can do about it?

Any help would be appreaciated
Jesper Andersen

Error installing OpenBSD 2.7

Post by John C. Holleman » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

_____
Jesper,

During one of my recent 2.7 install tests i ran into a similar problem.
I tried a different disk drive (brand and size) and the installation was
successful.  You may have similar luck.

Regards / John

--
Message prepared:                                      08:45, 06/07/2000

1. openbsd 2.7 cdrom layout, making an openbsd cd

Does anybody know what the directory layout of the openbsd cdrom needs
to be in order for the installer program to work with it?  I want to
make an install cd by downloading the distribution from an ftp mirror so
I can install it on a computer without a network connection, but I'm not
sure what needs to be copied onto the cd.  Has anyone had any success
with this?

Thanks,
-Tom

2. howto get ICH4 (UDMA) support on RH7.3 kernel 2.4.18 ?

3. ex0 hangs OpenBSD 2.8 as well as OpenBSD 2.7 (pretty long)

4. BGP

5. OpenBSD 2.7 install problem

6. Include file diferences for Solaris2.3/4 for GCC

7. Installing Openbsd 2.7 on a sparcstation2

8. Still need help with login font

9. New User attempting to install OpenBSD 2.7

10. Fresh Install of OpenBSD 2.7

11. Install of OpenBSD 2.7 failing

12. openBSD 2.7 install.

13. Updating 2.7 to 2.7-current - error: __warn_references in libcompat