WebCam, camserv in OpenBSD 3.0-stable.

Post by ../ » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 07:34:09

Hi there,

    I'm trying to run camserv in OpenBSD 3.0-stable and getting:

[video] file not found
[video] Error opening video driver; "/usr/local/lib/libvideo_v41.so"

Any ideas what package I can get libvideo from? I can't seem to find it, and
not sure where else to look.

Thanks in advance!

Post by Melinda Sho » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:08:07

>Any ideas what package I can get libvideo from? I can't seem to find it, and
>not sure where else to look.

I'm running a different version from yours, I think, on
OpenBSD 2.9, but I believe you'll need to tweak your camserv
configuration file.  Take a look at which shared libraries
were installed.
--

          If you send me harassing email, I'll probably post it

Post by ../ » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:37:17

> >Any ideas what package I can get libvideo from? I can't seem to find it,
and
> >not sure where else to look.

> I'm running a different version from yours, I think, on
> OpenBSD 2.9, but I believe you'll need to tweak your camserv
> configuration file.  Take a look at which shared libraries
> were installed.
> --

>           If you send me harassing email, I'll probably post it

Thanks for the reply...

I should have posted the error...

# /usr/local/bin/camserv

Syntax: /usr/local/bin/camserv <cfg file>
Attempting to use installation default: /usr/local/share/camserv.cfg
01-02 08:36 [camconfig] Using default of "2359296" for [main]:shm_alloc
01-02 08:36 [shm] shm key is 302003331
01-02 08:36 [video] file not found
01-02 08:36 [mainloop] Setup signals
01-02 08:36 [video] Error opening video driver;
"/usr/local/lib/libvideo_v4l.so"
01-02 08:36 [picloop] Error opening video device!

01-02 08:36 [main] Picture taker could not be created!

It's an intel *..

I'll check the cfg file, but no where on the hd to I have libvideo*.so.. :(

Post by Melinda Sho » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:52:34

>I'll check the cfg file, but no where on the hd to I have libvideo*.so.. :(

You definitely need to edit the config file - the shared
library it's trying to load is the video4linux library,
which would not have been built on an OpenBSD system.  The
other thing is that the shared libraries are installed with
with major and minor version numbers (for example,
libvideo_fbsd_bttv.so.0.0).
--

          If you send me harassing email, I'll probably post it

1. Webcam and camserv problems

Hello all.
I am trying to get my webcam (an IBM webcam, uses module 'ibmcam') to
work with camserv, however, whenever I go to the page, all I see are
cycling colors. I have seen this once before in xawtv, but I simply
changed channels and I could get an image. Any suggestions?
TIA,
Dan
--
Remove 'NOSPAM' to reply.

2. Future Domain 1680 and kernel

3. Failure of make build on OpenBSD 3.0 stable

4. How to write a sub-agnet for AIX?

5. ip counting under openbsd 3.0 stable?

6. command to view hardware

7. OpenBSD 3.0-RELEASE to -STABLE (from CD, and cvs'd src)

8. raid-0 BUG in 2.5.46-bk4

9. 2.2.8 Stable to 3.0 Stable Migration Question

10. perl won't compile on OpenBSD-2.9 and OpenBSD-2.9-stable.

11. Problems compiling OpenSSH 3.0.2p1 on OpenBSD 3.0 i386

12. OpenBSD 3.0 really much more better than 3.0 for me ?

13. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins