OpenBSD on a Mac Quadra 650

Post by Kent Kostu » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:24:56

I have a Mac Quadra that is seeing limited use and I was wondering how
difficult it would be to install OpenBSD on it.

It only has a 250 MB drive in it, so I imagine that is probably the key
restriction.

Has anyone out there given this a try? Any words of wisdom.

Thanks

Kent Kostuk

OpenBSD on a Mac Quadra 650

Post by Derick Siddow » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:02:58

Quote:> I have a Mac Quadra that is seeing limited use and I was wondering how
> difficult it would be to install OpenBSD on it.

> It only has a 250 MB drive in it, so I imagine that is probably the key
> restriction.

> Has anyone out there given this a try? Any words of wisdom.

I installed it on a 660av, no real problems to report.
Except it's SLOW.  And I think you might feel squeezed with
only 250 Meg to work with, since you need a MacOS partition
as well as the OpenBSD partition.

--
Derick Siddoway      II. Impact    Non-privileged primitive users can

                     fleet and gain unauthorized access to files.
                     -- CERT Advisory CA-96.13