tun0 ?

Post by Marcin Much » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 19:24:18

Hello.
My question is :
How can I compile tun in to my openbsd 3.1 kernel.
Thank you

tun0 ?

Post by Sator » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 19:59:32

Quote:> How can I compile tun in to my openbsd 3.1 kernel.
> Thank you

you do not have to compile tun devices, they are already in your system
apply following command to check:
ls -la /dev/tun*
or
ifconfig -a | grep tun
its in GENERIC kernel

// satori

tun0 ?

Post by Marcin Much » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:25:12

thx.
I have a problem with tun0 that's why I ask about this.

1. tun0 device and CHAP

Hi,

Currently, I am using FreeBSD 2.1 version and am using tun0 device to
connect to the ISP provider (ATT Worldnet). I have a 33.6 USRobotics
Sportster modem and am running into the following problems:

1. System hangs up intermittantly when I "dial worldnet". (It some times
talks to modem. Otherwise System hangs up) I suppose, this problem
is due to the modem.

2. How do i specify modem characteristics to the system?

3. Since i am assigned the IP address dynamically, what should be
contained in /etc/hosts file?

Would appreciate your comments.

Thank you

Vijay/Mrudula

Vijay/Mrudula

2. Linux and motherboard Gigabyte

3. divert and tun0 question with FreeBSD

4. NIS+

5. sshd not listening on tun0

6. Makefile rules

7. ifconfig tun0 on FreeBSD 3.2

8. Autofs and variable substitution

9. ipnat with ppp0/tun0

10. Ifconfig reports two IP addresses for tun0?

11. using /dev/tun0

12. redirecting http requests from dynamic IP on tun0

13. Help for Newbie: How to configure tun0 ?