USB SmartMedia Card Reader

Post by Ti » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 02:43:02

Thanks to Ted U's encouragement I have persevered on OpenBSD (thank
you).

I still can't access my digital camera on the serial port so am
thinking of getting a USB SmartMedia card reader.

Questions:

- Does anyone know of a reader that _definitely_ works with the
official OpenBSD 3.1 release?

- Are any extra packages required?

- Is any configuration (other than "mount") required?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

USB SmartMedia Card Reader

Post by tedu » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:05:34

Quote:> - Does anyone know of a reader that _definitely_ works with the
> official OpenBSD 3.1 release?

> - Are any extra packages required?

> - Is any configuration (other than "mount") required?

"no, no, no"  :)

I don't know of any firsthand, but I may find out in a few weeks if you
want to wait.  However, if it works like it's supposed to, all you need to
give is a few options to mount and it will work like magic.

--
If you ever would give them a helping hand,
You can be sure they'll chop off the arm.

1. unable to mount usb smartmedia card reader

i have red hat 9.0 kernel 2.4.20-6, an olympus d-230 (with a broken
usb out port), and an 4-in-1 usb media card reader (smartmedia is the
focus) plugged into a 4 port usb hub.

i am unable to mount the smartmedia card using mount -t vfat /dev/sda1
/mnt/camera. i have attemped this before and gooten no where. now i am
at the point where i need it working.

when i unplug the usb cable and then plug in the usb cable to my 4
port hub and then do dmesg, this is the output:

hub.c: new USB device 00:1f.2-2.2, assigned address 13
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 13
SCSI error: host 0 id 0 lun 0 return code = 8000002
        Sense class 7, sense error 0, extended sense 0
sda : READ CAPACITY failed.
sda : status = 1, message = 00, host = 0, driver = 08
Current sd00:00: sense key Not Ready
Additional sense indicates Medium not present
sda : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
 sda: I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0
 I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0
 unable to read partition table

if i attempt to mount it anyway, this is the output:

mount: No medium found

any advice or tips?

2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

3. USB Smartmedia card reader

4. ATI Rage Fury Pb when recompiling the kernel with fbcon.h

5. Uno SmartMedia USB card reader: plugged in but SCSI device does not appear.

6. Help! e2fsck error message.

7. USB smartmedia readers

9. Zio USB Smartmedia reader and Archos 20gig jukebox

10. USB Smartmedia Reader (Flashlink by SimpleTechnology) on Kernel 2.1.18 ?????

11. driver for usb smartmedia readers olympus MAUSB-2

12. How to Unmount and Remove UNO SmartMedia card reader

13. SmartMedia card reader