Sendmail & OBSD 2.4 - can't deliver local mail.

Sendmail & OBSD 2.4 - can't deliver local mail.

Post by David MacBrid » Fri, 07 May 1999 04:00:00

Sendmail 8.9.3
OpenBSD 2.4 stock

Sendmail accepts incoming messages no problem, but when it tries to
deliver it to the local mailer, the local mailer won't work.  The error
message is: "mail.local: may only be run by the superuser".

mail.local is a binary in the /usr/libexec.  It is readable and
executable by every one.  It is chown root, chgrp bin.  Sendmail is in
the /usr/sbin directory, its permissions are "-r-sr-xr-x", chown root,
chgrp kmem.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  I've tried chgrp wheel sendmail -
doesn't work.  I'm really stumped here.

Any efforts are ideas are greatly appreciated.  If possible, please
email me as I don't check the group that often.

TIA

Dave MacBride

1. {Sendmail-Not Delivering Local Mail?]

I am using sendmail from latest Slackware dist.  Mail routes fine,
but incoming mail is not tossed to user boxes.  All mail is delivered
to root mailbox with no error messages.  It is my understanding that
the package "deliver" is installed with sendmail to deliver messages
locally.  How can I reconfigure or check why the system is not delivering
mail to the local boxes?

Chuck

2. FileMaker Pro training

3. Sendmail not delivering local mail

4. jdk14 and tomcat41

5. mmdf mail rejected by deliver from linux box, sendmail doesn't work

6. Switching VCs restars XDM in Slack.1.2.0

7. Local Mail (using "mail") Does Not Get Delivered?

8. perfctr-2.5.0-pre2 released

9. /usr/bin/mail won't deliver mail locally!

10. sendmail can't receive from cc:mail & ms-mail

11. HOW TO? deliver local mail

12. Help with Local Mail not delivering

13. Sendmail: mail.local on Linux (don't compile)