cant get thru squid

Post by sammysamm » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:53:01

I don't know what is wrong with my squid configuration, I put http_port
as 8080 and pf rules allow port 8080 pass in. But browser browser still
unable to connect to the internet. I have set the internet connection go
thru squid proxy IP and port 8080.

Here is my pf rules:

scrub in all fragment reassemble
block drop in log all
block drop in log quick on tun0 inet from 10.0.0.0/8 to any
block drop in log quick on tun0 inet from 172.16.0.0/12 to any
block drop in log quick on tun0 inet from 0.0.0.0 to any
block drop in log quick on tun0 inet from 192.168.0.0/24 to any
block drop in log quick on tun0 inet from 255.255.255.255 to any
block drop in log quick on tun0 inet from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
pass in on lo0 all
pass in quick on fxp0 all queue deflt
pass out quick on fxp0 all queue deflt
block drop in log quick on fxp0 inet proto udp from any to
255.255.255.255
pass out on tun0 proto udp all keep state queue deflt
pass out on fxp0 proto udp all keep state queue deflt
pass in on fxp0 proto tcp all flags S/SA keep state queue deflt
pass out on tun0 proto tcp all flags S/SA keep state queue deflt
pass out on fxp0 proto tcp all flags S/SA keep state queue deflt
block drop in log quick on tun0 inet proto tcp all flags FPU/FPU
pass in on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port = ssh flags S/SA keep
state queue ssh
pass in on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port = socks flags S/SA keep
state queue deflt
pass in on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port = 8080 flags S/SA keep
state queue deflt

and squid.conf has http_port set to 8080. What else I need to do in
the squid.conf? or do I need to do something special like ftp-proxy
in pf.conf?

Thanks
sam

1. cant get thru tcpip

i am pretty much a novice in linux.
my problem in linux is that i get a connection using kppd or xisp but when i
try using my netscape browser it shoes me a lot of errors like: $sock_ns
environment not set,internic.net not found,localhost not found etc.
   it's really frustrating.i heard that u have to manipulate some files for
netscape to work.
So all u Linux Gurus out there please help this mortal.

-gautam shanbhag

2. Is there a drivers for ISDN cards for Linux..

3. Cant get GRE traffic to flow thru masqed VPN - HELP!!!!

4. Printing to an HP LaserJet II/III

5. FTP mirroring thru squid proxy

6. port forward web request

7. need help getting out on windows box thru my linux out to my dsl

8. problems with GTK 1.2

9. getting Lan connected via ppp thru ethernet

10. Getting access thru Telnet

11. Getting W2K to access the internet thru Linux

12. Getting MAC address thru SCO

13. Getting 115.2 Kbps Thru SPARC 20 Serial Port