OpenBSD 3.1 cvs checkout doesn't compile SSL

OpenBSD 3.1 cvs checkout doesn't compile SSL

Post by Richard Haakm » Thu, 29 May 2003 15:50:24

Hello.

I have a handful of servers currently running 3.0 and I have to
upgrade them since patch support for 3.0 has now been dropped.
So I am upgrading via source.  I have done this before a few
times successfully, so I am not a complete newbie.

After a CVS checkout into a clean empty /usr/src directory
and compiling I get this problem:

/md4 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/pem -I/usr/src/lib/libss
l/ob
j/crypto/../src/crypto/asn1 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/x
509
-I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/x509v3 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/
obj/
crypto/../src/crypto/conf -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/txt
_db
-I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/pkcs7 -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/o
bj/c
rypto/../src/crypto/comp -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/pkcs
12 -
I/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/engine -I/usr/src/lib/libssl/o
bj/c
rypto/../src/crypto/dso   -c
/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto/../src/crypto/sha/sh
a1_one.c -o sha1_one.o
make: don't know how to make mdc2dgst.c. Stop in
/usr/src/lib/libssl/obj/crypto.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl/obj.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libssl (line 683 of
/usr/src/lib/libssl/Makefile.bsd-wrappe
r).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src (line 75 of Makefile).

Sorry about the uneven line wrapping.

I found comments about this error or one very like it from an
archived mailing list talking about removing code from CVS and
a few days after someone else claimed that it was fixed.  This was
in September last year.  I know it was fixed as I have done "make
build" on a checked out 3.1 system a couple of months ago.  It
looks like the same sort of breakage has happened again.
Unfortunately I can't finish updating to 3.1.

Regards,
RH.

OpenBSD 3.1 cvs checkout doesn't compile SSL

Post by Miod Valla » Thu, 29 May 2003 16:26:35

Quote:> I found comments about this error or one very like it from an
> archived mailing list talking about removing code from CVS and
> a few days after someone else claimed that it was fixed.  This was
> in September last year.  I know it was fixed as I have done "make
> build" on a checked out 3.1 system a couple of months ago.  It
> looks like the same sort of breakage has happened again.

Yes, it occured another time, and has been fixed again. Simply cvs
update once more in src/lib/libssl and it will fetch the missing files.

As a side note, 3.1 goes out of maintainance on june 1st, so you might
want to upgrade to a more recent version.