Need help with IPA (IP accounting)

Post by Zoong Pha » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:41:38

I am using PF in OBSD 3.2.
I plan to use IPA (http://ipa-system.sourceforge.net/) to do IP accounting.
I read ipa.conf(5) manual page and still not quite understand what
to start with.
Can someone post a sample ipa.conf ?
The samples come with IAP are for FreeBSD and IPFW.

TIA,
--
Zoong PHAM                 UNIX Systems Administrator
Mercy Health and Aged Care Inc. Melbourne - Australia

PGP public key is available on request

1. I NEED A LOCAL IP CHECKER TO SEND THE IP TO AN OUTSIDE ACCOUNT!

Ok, here is my problem... I am running a server on Corel Linux v2.  The
problem is it is on a static IP.  The unfortunate part is my IP goes down
frequently (Damn Bell Canada) And My server, along with the IP, goes down
(How can I connect to it if I dunno the IP).  What I am looking for is a way
for the system to constatly check the IP and see if it changes, if it does,
it e-mails my external account (Hotmail, yahoo, etc).  I have heard there is
a way to do this throguh a CRON... Can some one help me? I am a newbie to
Linux (less than a year) And I have no clue how to go about it.  Please,
someone help me.  Thanks

Kronos3.

http://Kronos3.com

2. Strange IP-Traffic

3. Need a little help on IP Accounting

4. Large Block device patch part 4/4

5. need help with subnetting/routing/IP accounting

6. E-mail and news collection from home Linux machine

7. Help needed - IP accounting

8. access MS-SQLserver via perl??

9. IP Accounting, what do I need?

10. Need info on IP Accounting, Kerberos

11. IP Accounting, what do I need?

12. IP accounting software needed

13. dynamic IPA address assignment & /etc/hosts