NSS

Post by Gustavo Ri » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 04:42:45

May some one explain what's wrong with name service switch for OpenBSD
not supporting it?

NSS

Post by Dave Uhrin » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 04:47:17

> May some one explain what's wrong with name service switch for OpenBSD
> not supporting it?

The necessary information is in /etc/resolv.conf.

[etc]# cat resolv.conf
lookup file bind
nameserver 192.168.0.6

NSS

Post by Ted Unangs » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 06:52:10

Quote:> May some one explain what's wrong with name service switch for OpenBSD
> not supporting it?

it's complicated.

--
"The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity
during this long period of increment weather."

1. how to use nss-modules for pam ?

very stupid question and maybe the question itself is inherent wrong ..

I want to use certain pam_modules to use for standard pam. Unfortunately
this pam_modules are rather alpha and I cant compile them on my machine.
The author told me that he has developed a productional version of a
nss-module and it can be used for pam too.

What does that mean ? If my pam-file looks like this:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

how could I deligate this work to a nss-module ? Can nis do 'session' too ?

didnt find any comment on 'using nis as pam' in the nis-howto and never
used nis before, so I dont know nothing about it ...

thnx,
peter

--
peter pilsl

http://www.goldfisch.at

2. How Do I Make startx Bring Up KDE?

3. writeing your own nss service

4. Anyone setup OSR5/MPX in Dual 266 yet ??

5. using LDAP as NSS under Solaris 8

6. openbsd 3.0 VPN

7. Files NSS backend for netgroup, with regular expression support

8. How to find the file create date/time

9. Is NSS necessary for a Samba-PDC with authentication in LDAP?

10. PAM and NSS support?

11. passwd.adjunct, nss and pam_unix

12. NSS help

13. Something like NSS on AIX