openbsd and Quadra 950

Post by William Rei » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi I am interested in installing this onto a Quadra 950, but in my
research there is no version that supports this particular model. Can
anyone shed some light on this..? Also I have a Daystar powerpro
601-100mhz upgrade card installed into this machine, that I also cannot
find out if there is any Linux support for.

Thanks

openbsd and Quadra 950

Post by John Garv » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hi I am interested in installing this onto a Quadra 950, but in my
> research there is no version that supports this particular model. Can
> anyone shed some light on this..? Also I have a Daystar powerpro
> 601-100mhz upgrade card installed into this machine, that I also cannot
> find out if there is any Linux support for.

> Thanks

My recollection is that the 900, 950, and one of the IIc-something models
had a unique I/O chip that ran the ADB bus.  For one (or many reasons
(lack of hardware info from apple, limited resources, whatever) ) , these
models will not be supported.  Too bad.  I'm fond of the 950 model; I was
using one until a year ago.

--
Andres Imaging & Graphics
160 E Illinois Chicago Il 60611