Latest CVS Tree available for ftp install?

Latest CVS Tree available for ftp install?

Post by Aztec » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

It is possible to ftp install the latest development code, I need a NIC
driver which was added after 2.7.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Post by Jan-Uwe Fin » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>Hi,

>It is possible to ftp install the latest development code, I need a NIC
>driver which was added after 2.7.

Try the latest snapshot.

--
Greetings,
        Jan-Uwe

Latest CVS Tree available for ftp install?

Post by Aztec » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I've just tried the 2.8 floppy image from the latest snapshot (22/8/2k) it
does find the network board during the probes when the kernel starts, I do
get "device not configured" but I think that's normal, however it doesn't
find any NIC's later on when it asks if I want to configure a network board.
It seems support for the Netgear FA312 isn't quite ready yet ;/

Az.

Quote:

> Try the latest snapshot.

> --
> Greetings,
> Jan-Uwe
> PGP-Public-Key on Request.

Latest CVS Tree available for ftp install?

Post by jtoy » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

what are your results with the 2.7 boot disk?

> Hi,

> I've just tried the 2.8 floppy image from the latest snapshot (22/8/2k) it
> does find the network board during the probes when the kernel starts, I do
> get "device not configured" but I think that's normal, however it doesn't
> find any NIC's later on when it asks if I want to configure a network board.
> It seems support for the Netgear FA312 isn't quite ready yet ;/

> Az.

> > Try the latest snapshot.

> > --
> > Greetings,
> > Jan-Uwe
> > PGP-Public-Key on Request.

Latest CVS Tree available for ftp install?

Post by Aztec » Wed, 23 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Pretty much the same except the device doesn't appear when the kernel first
probes for devices, apparently support for the sis NIC chipset (used in the
FA312) didn't make it into the 2.7 tree.

Az.

> what are your results with the 2.7 boot disk?

> > Hi,

> > I've just tried the 2.8 floppy image from the latest snapshot (22/8/2k)
it
> > does find the network board during the probes when the kernel starts, I
do
> > get "device not configured" but I think that's normal, however it
doesn't
> > find any NIC's later on when it asks if I want to configure a network
board.
> > It seems support for the Netgear FA312 isn't quite ready yet ;/

> > Az.

> > > Try the latest snapshot.

> > > --
> > > Greetings,
> > > Jan-Uwe
> > > PGP-Public-Key on Request.

1. current CVS tree vs released CVS tree

Hello,

I can't seem to find any documentation regarding the different directory
structures from the current (dev) CVS tree and the released structure.

In the releases, the source is in src/*

In the current (dev) CVS tree, the source is broken up into a few
directories:

    example:
        basesrc/*
        syssrc/*

Does anyone know why this is done this way?  Doesn't this confuse the
Makefiles?

 Thanks for any help.

 -Chris

2. Emacs tex-mode does not work

3. problem with installing gtk+ from cvs source tree.

4. Network timeout and excessive collisions in rescue environment.

5. freshrpms - FTP mirror latest RPM packages installed on your system

6. CD-Rewritable & Linux

7. In Germany with CVS tree and ZIP drive?

8. Diamond Fireport 40

9. How big is the CVS tree ?

10. cvsps support for parsing BK->CVS kernel tree logs

11. HEADS UP - CVS TREE CHANGES

12. : MuSE vs. ALSA (CVS Tree)

13. make build problem on cvs'sed (patch tree) system :-(