Secure Message

Post by Crash3 » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:07:06

Hi All,

What does this on probably mean from /var/log/secure

Quote:> Mar 31 17:40:51 localhost login: FAILED LOGIN SESSION FROM (null) FOR (null), Error in service module

1. Secure messaging between Unix boxes

Can anyone suggest a secure method (outside of using secure rsh/rshd) that
will allow a client running on one Unix machine A to execute a remote program
or function across a network on Unix machine B? The output of the remote
program must be sent back as a stream to the client as a result.

The problem with rsh, rcmd(), etc., and the idea of using a shell to execute a
remote program scares me. Of course you can use Kerberos to authenticate the
client to the server, but, from what I've been reading, doesn't seem very
secure.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

2. Internet Multicasting Puzzle

3. Secure Secure Secure

4. SCSI emulation/kernel2.2.5/CDR works?

5. Messages in /var/log/secure

6. Landscape/Portrait printing setup in Netatalk

7. message in secure log file?

8. mod_rewrite question

9. Security: Messages in /var/log/secure

10. Messages in /var/log/secure

11. strange message in /var/log/secure

12. secure SNMP messages

13. How might one set up a secure, efficient message-passing facility?