Running java applets in Red Hat 8

Post by S Purkayasth » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:45:58

I have installed the jdk1.4.1 version in red hat linux version 8 but the
applets dosent show on the mozilla browser. I have also installed the java
plug in but still of no use.

Is any special setting is required for the browser?

please help

thanks in advance

shyam

Running java applets in Red Hat 8

Post by Nobod » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:55:48

Quote:> I have installed the jdk1.4.1 version in red hat linux version 8 but
> the applets dosent show on the mozilla browser. I have also installed
> the java plug in but still of no use.

> Is any special setting is required for the browser?

> please help

> thanks in advance

> shyam

It works...I've done it.  In Mozilla, go to Help menu and get info on plug-
ins and see if Java 1.4 is supported.  If it's not, Mozilla needs a link in
it's plug-in directory.

I had this problem initially:  Java 1.4 was only accessible by 'root' (the
account I installed it with) and no other account.   The problem was the
java directory was no readable by everyone.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. test

3. problem running Java Applets on linux - threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread ????

4. RAID 1 faults at shutdown in degraded mode.

5. problems with socket connections to a Java application running as a Red Hat cluster service

6. Where can I find Solaris Thread Information?

7. Red Hat Network Applet

8. Seagate Refurbished 4/8gig 4mm DAT Drives $250.00

9. Red Hat 7.1 KDE Panel - removing applets

10. See nothing when running Java Applets

11. Can't run Java applets - Linux

12. Help: Netscape, Java, and not able to run applets.

13. How can I run Java applets in netscape ?