Ldap

Post by Joh » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:59:04

Hi, Im having a problem, and was wondering can anyone help.
When running ldapadd I get the following error "no write access to
parent".

I can use -x option but I dont want to do this. I have Cyrus SASL,
Kerberos, OpenSSl, OpenLdap and Berkely DB all installed and
operational. I have made progress but now this error is impeding my
progress. Any help would be appreciated

1. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

I have been told that SUN has an LDAP server. They also seen to be
selling the Netscape version. We are running an old copy from
Netscape. We need to move this off an AIX box to a SUN. Is the SUN
product any better than the Netscape release? Will Sun dump their code
over Netscape, i.e. does Sun have a history of doing this?  What about
OpenLdap? Is this worth messing with? We would like software support,

2. Company Names Using "Linux"

3. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

4. Window manager with sound?

5. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

6. Symmetrics 375

7. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

8. Is Yggdrasil's Kernel available through FTP?

9. Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

10. LDAP, fnaddr, X.500 to LDAP issues

11. URIs/LDAP/REWRITE -> dispatching request depending on LDAP ATTRIBUTES

12. OpenLDAP or SUN ONE DS5.2 HOW-TO updated with sudo+LDAP and apache+LDAP info

13. compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap